King Vs Craftex

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing a Planer, Table Saw, Shaper and Jointer. I have priced similar products (or what I believe to be similar) at both Craftex and King, King being a little more expensive, roughly 20%. The items between Craftex and King appear to be identical (for the most part) other than the color of the paint. ie. Craftex CT090 appears to be the same as the King KC-383C.

Planer - Craftex CT090, King KC-383C Table Saw - Craftex B2397, King KC-11GC / KRF-1025 Shaper - Craftex B702ST, King KC-350S Jointer - Craftex CT086, King KC-150C

Does anyone know if the King is a better build piece of equipment or just higher priced?

I am open to idea's and opinions.

thank you

Mo

Reply to
maurice.hicks

Mo, sorry to burst your bubble but this is probably not the best forum to post this question on. Not that the people here aren't knowledgeable on the subject but there are very few Canadians here. You're better off to post this on the Canadian Woodworking Forum or Canadian Home workshop forum. You can search for both of these using google and they will be number 1 or 2 results. I don't own any of these machines but in my limited knowledge of the Canadian Machinery market I would buy King over Craftex. Some people will disagree and others will agree. My dad has a couple of Craftex machines including a

6" jointer and small shaper and he loves them. Check out the Canadian forums and you will get more responses.

Lars

Reply to
Highspeed

Thank you, I am new to forums, I will repost there.

mo

Reply to
maurice.hicks

I did a lot of research into the jointer and I came to the conclusion that it is made in china and renamed by several retailers here in north america. Grizzly, king, craftex,delta, craftsman, are all the same. The delta and craftsman have a few different handles etc.. but the main machine, cast iron parts etc.. are identical. I bought the King because of the price, local store was selling them cheap.

Reply to
mark

Reply to
Tom Woodman