King size Bed Plans

I am looking to build a King Siz Headboard/Footboard. Does anyone know of a web site that would have free plans? I am interested in building Mission Style.

Thanks Chad

Reply to
boese.c

I am looking to build a King Size Headboard/Footboard. Does anyone know of a web site that would have free plans? I am interested in building Mission Style.

Thanks Chad

Reply to
boese.c

Get this book.

jc

free plans for this type of project are worth every penny you pay for them. If you're going to build an heirloom piece, pay the $12 for good plans and instruction.

Reply to
noonenparticular

Great, thanks. Any roght ideas on how much a typical king size bed cost for the lumber, oak is what I am looking for.

Thanks. Chad

Reply to
boese.c

What is the board foot price for white oak where you are???

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

Rough estimate, I'd figure on a few hundred bucks.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

Thanks. One last question, I have all the basic tools, Table Saw, Router, Chop Saw, for a project like this, is there any tools I might need that I might not have?

Thanks again!!

no> >

Reply to
boese.c

Make sure you've a dado blade for the TS. Also, something to cut a curve in thick material (bandsaw, ballsy jigsaw, etc....)

Reply to
noonenparticular

Depends. Felling axe, spitting wedge, maul? Mortise Chisel, tenon saw? Screwdriver?

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

I'm in the process of making a queen size mission style bed out of oak. I think I spent about $500 on the wood, mostly S2S. Tools - make sure you have some mortise chisels or a drill press + forstner bits to make mortises. As far as plans, I have the plan at the link below (or DAGS for mission bed plans and pick one you like). If you're spending several hundred dollars on wood, and probably a few hundred more on tools you just can't live without, the $12-17 spent on a detailed plan for a complicated project is worth it in my opinion, even if it's just a starting point. The plans I have include details for how to expand to king size or reduce to full or twin. I've modified them slightly, but it sure helped to have everything laid out for me.

other places have the same plan - "Classic Bed Plan" Good luck, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Take a look at this one:

've built it (in twin size). My first real peice of furniture, and I was pleased with it.

Reply to
brian_j_roth