King size Bed Plans

I am looking to build a King Siz Headboard/Footboard. Does anyone know of a web site that would have free plans? I am interested in building Mission Style.
Thanks Chad
I am looking to build a King Size Headboard/Footboard. Does anyone know of a web site that would have free plans? I am interested in building Mission Style.
Thanks Chad
Get this book.
jc
(Amazon.com product link shortened)34399677/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-8247223-7308019?s=books&v=glance&n(3155
IMO, free plans for this type of project are worth every penny you pay for them. If you're going to build an heirloom piece, pay the $12 for good plans and instruction.

Great, thanks. Any roght ideas on how much a typical king size bed cost for the lumber, oak is what I am looking for.
Thanks. Chad
What is the board foot price for white oak where you are???
jc

Around $2.79

Rough estimate, I'd figure on a few hundred bucks.
jc
Thanks. One last question, I have all the basic tools, Table Saw, Router, Chop Saw, for a project like this, is there any tools I might need that I might not have?
Thanks again!!
noonenparticular wrote:

Make sure you've a dado blade for the TS. Also, something to cut a curve in thick material (bandsaw, ballsy jigsaw, etc....)

snipped-for-privacy@maplan.com writes:

Depends. Felling axe, spitting wedge, maul? Mortise Chisel, tenon saw? Screwdriver?
I'm in the process of making a queen size mission style bed out of oak. I think I spent about $500 on the wood, mostly S2S. Tools - make sure you have some mortise chisels or a drill press + forstner bits to make mortises. As far as plans, I have the plan at the link below (or DAGS for mission bed plans and pick one you like). If you're spending several hundred dollars on wood, and probably a few hundred more on tools you just can't live without, the $12-17 spent on a detailed plan for a complicated project is worth it in my opinion, even if it's just a starting point. The plans I have include details for how to expand to king size or reduce to full or twin. I've modified them slightly, but it sure helped to have everything laid out for me. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 721 Several other places have the same plan - "Classic Bed Plan" Good luck, Andy
snipped-for-privacy@maplan.com wrote:

Take a look at this one:
http://plansnow.com/cherbedexvie.html
I've built it (in twin size). My first real peice of furniture, and I was pleased with it.