kid's wood projects

Does anyone know where you could buy the simple wood project kits for kids like Lowe's and Home Depot use in there Saturday promotions where the kids come to the store and build them. Recently Home Depot had a boat project that had numerous pieces and had the kids fit pieces and hammer about 20 small nails to hold it all together. Kids were aged about 6 to 10 and came in with their parents.
I live in a small town without these big box stores and would like to do this with the local town kids
Thanks, Brad
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:55:32 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A Google for kids wood kits
found these on the first page:
http://www.mastermindtoys.com/store/product_listing.asp?subcatC4&agecat=0&cat=6&brand=0&sitemap=true
http://www.bjcraftsupplies.com/kits/kids01.asp
http://www.brandine.com/Wood_Craft_Kits.htm
http://homeschooling.about.com/od/productcrafts/tp/tpwoodworking.htm
John
Sat, Dec 1, 2007, 9:55am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com doth qauary: Does anyone know where you could buy the simple wood project kits for kids like Lowe's and Home Depot use in there Saturday promotions where the kids come to the store and build them. <snip> I live in a small town without these big box stores and would like to do this with the local town kids
Buy? Make 'em yourself.
JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 17:31:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

There's a lot to that answer.
Many kid's craft projects are SIMPLE to kit. There are lots of books that demonstrate woodworking with kids (free at the library), as well as web sites with great ideas.
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=igG&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=woodworking+with+kids&spell=1
All one needs to do is to complete the "dangerous" operations, like ripping, rabbeting, and grooving. Let the kids sand it, paint or stain and clear finish it, and glue and nail it together.
A few suggestions:
Bird feeders Desk organizers CD shelves (or video game carts/DVD's) Pencil boxes Kitchen tools (gifts for mom or dad) Toys Book ends Hanging organizers (jackets & clothes...) Sports organizers Lap desks Puzzles & games Wall shelves ...
Thanks everyone for some good ideas and great links. I have made kits for a few kids at a time but I was thinking of 40-50 kids and projects they could complete in an hour to an hour and a half such as the Home depot type which should cost only a couple bucks each in quanity. They use small nails and don't need drying time for glue or paint was my thinking and I don't spend 8-10 hours getting a "kit" ready to go Brad