kickback aprons

Page 3 of 3

I just drilled a hole in the corner of the lid and stick the arm of the chuck key in it. I don't keep a stock of magnets handy (apparently in that regard I'm old-fashioned, judging by the number of shop tips I see that involve using a magnet).
John
On 8/4/2016 12:13 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, I have a rare earth magnet to work/attract through the rubber coating on my DP chuck key. I treat the chuck key like a credit card, either in my wallet or in my hand.
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 1:14:01 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

I have a similar 25 year-old (sentimental) Skil corded hammer drill but mine has the "cool rubber grommet thing" on the cord. It is positioned far enough down the cord that I don't have to remove the key from the grommet on the rare occasions that I use the drill.
On the other hand, I bought a throw away hammer drill from HF when I was out of town and needed a hammer drill at Dad's house. It has the grommet, but it's right up near the drill, so you have to remove the key and then remember to put it back. All they had to do was position it lower on the cord like the Skil drill and it would have been much better.
You can see the grommet at the base of the handle here:
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-Heavy-Duty-Variable-Speed-Reversible-Hammer-Drill-68169.html
BTW...I haven't thrown the drill away yet. ;-) I use for my Kreg Pocket Screw jig. It as much more power than either of my cordless drills (or the Skil) so I get cleaner holes.

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 11:07:34 -0400

found an episode and it was pretty bad felt queasy watching it i guess the female cohost was his wife
it was a chest for keepsakes and he even said to make sure and keep all your keepsakes

ever noticed how many stickers from different agencies are on a ladder it is amazing but i guess people have a hard time operating ladders

they operate motor vehicles too

this is all forced upon him by the network lawyers
have known some youtube hosts that posted videos and immediately they were inundated with emails and posts telling them how unsafe everything was that they were doing
the hosts probably had more experience than all the viewers combined
hosts were somewhat shocked at how venomous the posts and emails were

roger on the hand tools that is my bane for small nicks and cuts
On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 7:16:09 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

I think you will find that the ladder stickers are all CYA as a result of our litigious society...
On 7/30/2016 7:12 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

There have been some big lawsuits from ladder accidents. Yes, there are some idiots using them. Had a guy at work have two accidents before I banned him from ever using one. In once case, he used a section of an extension ladder upside down and wondered why it slipped on him.
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 21:17:15 -0400

some people just want to do things they are not equipped to do
some know their limitations and some do not
unfortunately some need outside help to prevent them from hurting themselves
On 7/27/2016 9:29 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Exactly, use a TS long enough and you see exceptions to the popular thought that the fence is going to be the division between safe and not safe.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:53:34 -0400, krw wrote:

Doesn't always work. Yesterday my saw threw a small cutoff out at an angle well away from the line of cut. Luckily all it did was bruise a couple of knuckles.
--
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:31:31 +0000 (UTC), Trenbidia

Any off-axis projectiles will have a lot less energy. I don't worry about a couple of bruised knuckles. Perhaps I should, though. Blood thinners make such things a little more of a problem.

knocked the face shield off of my head. Damn glad I had it on. That would've left a mark.

You can never be in a totally safe location. I have been on the other side of the fence and have been hit.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:57:24 -0700

leather welding aprons would suffice i think