Keyless chuck removal

I bought the Grizzly 18v 1/2" drill, G8597. Problem is the chuck loosens when backing out screws in reverse and drops the bit. Griz Tech sent me a new one within 2 days, great services. Now having a problem getting the old one off. Took the screw out in the chuck but for the life of me I can't break the threads loose to get it off.
Keyed chucks are easily removed by tapping the key, done it many times. How the heck do I get the keyless off? Tried everything I can think of so the solution must be too simple for my old mind..??
Help, Guys. Al in WA
Al wrote:

here. You see I have the very same drill. However, I don't have that problem...yet...knock wood. Good luck. Joe
Joe, I sent e-mail to Griz tech Saturday so being a long weekend I should hear back Tuesday. Will forward their answer. Al in WA

If you need some leverage, chuck up an Allen wrench in the chuck. Gives you something to whack.

Chuck up a hex key and tap it

put an allen wrench in chuck and hit it If that don't do it get an allen wrench for use with a ratchet 3/8 drive and chuck it up and use an impact wrench works every time just make sure you're turning it the right way and good luck.

Chuck up your largest Allen wrench. If 1 or 2 swats doesn't get it, carefully position the Allen wrench between the open jaws of a metal working vise. Let the Allen "handle" smack into the jaw of the vise with drill in reverse.