Keyless Chuck for Drill Press

I have a Jet 17" floor model drill press and I want to upgrade to a keyless chuck. Has anyone used one of these from ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category%292&item817658380&rd=1

It's an albrecht knockoff. for $34.00 I'd expect mainland chinese manufacture, sloppy tolerances and all.
Woodcraft has started carrying the chinese low end with the jacobs name on it. I was really surprised to see it. Inside the hard to open package it *looks* like a chuck... something just wasn't quite right, so I wrestled the package open. As soon as I had it in my hands I knew- this wasn't what it seemed.
Don't expect much and you might not be let down...
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

I was planning on posting a link to where I bought keyless chucks for my Jet 17" and my lathe - but saw they were sold out so decided not to bother Bernie with a dead end. After reading your comments on what you've seen I felt I should offer my experience with the following:
<http://www.thewoodtradesman.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Categ ory_CodeK>
This is a Bison brand, ball bearing, Albrecht clone made in Poland that is very nicely machined in my opinion. I bought my first on a recommendation from Lyn Mangiameli (do a google and you'll find many posts and evaluations of products - especially the new plane from Lee Valley way back when. Rob Lee appeared supportive and appreciative of his feedback as I recall.) Anyway Lyn recommended this chuck as a quality piece but with a decent price. I have to agree - after living with my first one I had to get a second so I wouldn't have to keep swapping the chuck between my drill press and lathe. (BTW, this chuck uses a Jacobs taper to Morse taper arbor to mount in the drill press - so include a new Bison arbor with the order.)
It's unfortunate that the Wood-tradesman is sold out but that seems to be fairly common with this chuck - I had to watch for several months and was put on the waiting list when I wanted my second - I guess that is an indication as to how popular and well received this chuck is.
I got mine from grizzly as they were the only ones that had the right size for the oddball delta. it works fine. a little bit of a hassle to center a small drill bit but fine otherwise.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Bernie Hunt wrote...

I haven't. Hard to tell what you'd be getting. OTOH, I can vouch for these, and the company that sells them, at about the same price:
http://www.penntoolco.com/catalog/products/products.cfm?categoryID10
I have two of them. They're built solid, are machined well and hold less than 0.001" TIR on a gauge bar in the chuck. That's way better than average for a drill chuck. I've used Albrecht chucks that were no finer (but some that were).
Jim