Keyhole Template--Howzit work?

I have made great use of my keyhole router bit, but, it always took a while to set up my table with stopsand other limits for one or two cuts. When I saw the plexiglass template in Pricecutter's catalog (and others), I jumped. However I did not have a template guide. Finally got a set and started to use the tools, but got stumped. How does this help? There were no instructions so I assumed it was supposed to be obvious. Color me stupid. I called Pricecutter's support and that guy made me feel better with his slow response.

Thanks and Happy Turkey Day---GO COLTS

Reply to
Frank Mackell

You need a 5/8" guide bushing on your router, and it's for freehand use, not the table. Put the bushing on the router, plunge the bit in, push it to the end of the template, pull the router back and then lift it up. Looks like a handy tool, really. I usually just freehand the suckers using the router table fence as a reference point for the start of the cut. Hope this helps, even though it's been a bit of a wait for you!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus