Keyhole hangers

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need. http://www.buyhafele.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id (690 Have checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks in advance.
Vic
Victor H. wrote:

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.
In any quantity you need?

pre-drilled.
On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:47:28 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is 1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the link for the hangers you think I may use.
Victor H. wrote:

You could hang it on a French cleat, even 1/4 ply should suffice. Never gets out of level either, assuming you fasten the cleats horizontal. Or make them pivotable.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Is there some reason you can't use a keyhole router bit to make your own keyhole(s) in the wood?

I'd suggest getting a keyhole router bit if you have a router.
scott

Now that we have some more information, it may turn out that the ones I suggested might be a little too big. They require a 1.25" hole and his frame is only 1.5" wide. That doesn't leave a lot of wood around the hole.
The ones that Vic linked to are only 1.06" in diameter, leaving a bit more room around it.
I'm thinking the keyhole router bit might be the best suggestion.

Try this site and click on the Mini-Hanger in the center of the top row:
http://www.fastenerunlimited.com/product.htm
That's not your exact item, but they are round and require only a drill and a few bits to install them.
Of course, if you are trying to avoid the use of any metal, then the Department of Homeland Security might want to have a chat with you. ;-)
On 1/30/2013 10:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. Cheaper and many more uses assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.
Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.
http://www.woodcraft.com/category/2081646/keyhole-router-bits.aspx

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

On 1/30/2013 2:16 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Well actually I used mine before I was aware plunge routers existed, early 80's. 0~)

I knew that...I was just joking. I'll rephrase my comment:
And assuming he has a router. ;-)
On 1/30/2013 3:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Ok, I wound a string around the key hole bit, gave the string a yank as I threw the bit at the project to cut the hole before I had a router, in the olden days. LOL

Not too hard to use in a fixed-base router with some guides and a littlei practice if necessary.

On 1/30/2013 11:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

making your keyholes in wood is not very hard. Make a template to quickly line it up and plunge, move and shut.
not hard, if you had a lot to do a pedal for power and self aligning jig would be perfect and fast.
--
Jeff

On 1/30/2013 11:13 AM, Victor H. wrote:

I can't really see why 'other type of keyhole hanger will not do'. If it fits flush into a drilled hole what else do you need of it? This one is 25mm and available in small quantities. You will have to work harder to get them since the supplier is in Wales but with ebay many things are possible:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-KEYHOLE-HANGERS-PICTURE-FRAMING-Fits-in-25mm-1-hole-/310290976144