Kentucky Coffeebean Anyone??

Maybe a little OT, but I have over 200 bdft of 4/4 Coffeebean that I have had in the back of the Kiln for over a year and it needs to go. Most is 9' in length by 3-7" in width. I live in KS. If interested please leave a reply with your email address or email me @ snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com .

Reply to
Gary
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Is it decaffeinated??

Sorry....could not resist.... too much caffeine!

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

You wouldn't have a good picture of Coffee Bean would you. I have never even heard of it. Or is this one of those woods that goes by a different name.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Gymnocladus dioicus Common name: coffeetree Unoffical state tree of Kentucky, it is closely related to the honey locust. Got its name because early North Amercian colonists used the large seeds to make coffee. When eaten raw, the seeds are poisonous.. Native Americal Indians u sed the seeds as dice rather than food..

Often used as fence posts as it is resistant to rotting.

I just posted a picture of trivets I made from this wood on abpw.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks for the education! nice looking wood.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

I'd love to buy it as I'm from Kentucky, but I'm now in Alabama. Cost a fortune to ship.

Reply to
bob

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust