Just when you thought Monday couldn't get any better...

A local listing (northern california) for four woodworking machines for $400. Rockwell Jointer Model Series 37-815 208 Volts ; Rockwell Planer Model 13/Series 22-407 208 Volts ; Rockwell metal/wood Bandsaw Model 14/Series 28-300 208 Volts ; Rockwell Dust Collector Model Series 49-1909 208 Volts. Must Take All 4 machines---You Load them. Can Email Photos. slight rust on table.

Somebody is going to have a good day. :->

See this URL:

Jeff Kent

Three phase 8". Normal going price $500-$700 (1)

Three phase 13" X 6"(?). Normal going price $900-$1200 (1)

Three phase 14" metal/wood cutter. Normal going price $200-$700 (1)

Small cartridge machine, SWAG $200-$500. Actual prices for these new are astronomical. (1)

condition. These machines are branded with the Sign Of The Devil and should be thoroughly checked out prior to purchase.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

What do you mean about the sign of the devil. Is 666 showing somewhere?

Reply to
Lowell Holmes
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Delta of course!

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

The Rockwell International peace sign logo. A general rule of thumb is, RI peace sign logo means post 1974. After Rockwell internationalized they pretty much went about "value engineering" things. Kinda like when McDonald's reduces the size of the fish samich instead of charging more thinking you'll think you're still getting a deal.

Anyway, Fine Woodworking magazine nailed their nuts to the wall on this in the latter part of the 70's.

Anything post '74 is suspect.

Hear me now, believe me later.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

The people at Rockwell call this the "bendover" logo

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Morris Dovey :

Or as it was told to me just the other day from a former Rockwellian, BOHIC.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Keef,

FWW did an article on Mickey Dee's?

I missed that one...

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

On 5 Apr 2004 15:19:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jeff Kent) brought forth from the murky depths:

"Date: 2004-04-05, 9:50AM PDT This posting has been deleted."

  • * Humorous T-shirts Online
  • Norm's Got Strings * Wondrous Website Design
  • *
Larry Jaques

Reply to
George

You have a point there George but the two RI machines I'd spent the most time with were a 14" band saw and a 6" X 48" sander. Neither would track making both useless in any place in time.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100