Just when you think we are the worst...

Page 2 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

1. Where are people emigrating from? 2. Where are people immigrating to?
'Nuff said.

I can tell you without reservation that if none have emigrated up here to Canada, then at the very least, they've sent specific instructions to our politicians on how to act. All I can say about our politicians is pigs at the trough.
There may be some with good intentions, but the balance are self-serving liars and cheats. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around with a few bad apples making the rest look bad?
Upscale wrote:

    yuk,     jo4hn

Damn, I'm going to have to remember that one. ;^)

Maybe in Sweden. The Pakistani lawyers presented a different image these past several days.
Back when high sulfur coal went out of vogue a lot of West Virginians moved to Ohio to take jobs in the factories there, especially around Akron. The joke is THAT emigration raised the average IQ of both States by two points.
--
FF

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Read the last line, the part about who they were working for.
Either (a) some asshole sued Westaff over this or (b) somebody at Westaff should be living in a rubber room.
--John
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

influence because he is fat. SHUT THE &^%$ UP.
Wayne
Another example of the UNEDUCATED and ignorant taking more control.
Unfortunately Ebonics is being recognized as an official language, I guess.

"Leon" wrote in message

Those are you choices, take your pick.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/11/07

How is that corner cabinet coming along? Yesterday I bought 120 linear feet of 1x6 Maple to build "2" Jewelry Boxes/Chests. My neighbor decided he wanted one to give to his wife while I was at it. ;~)
"Tanus" wrote:

As some one who has represented Canadian Companies trying to do business in the US gives me a different perspective.
Your bloated postal system is a joke.
Trying to get printed materials thru Canadian customs is another joke.
Having said that, you Canucks sure know how to have a good time<grin>
BTW, the internet has for the most part, made the postal and customs operations non players.
Lew

Make the mistake of telling the border guard you're coming in on business, and you spend the next hour being grilled over what business, how long you'll be working in Canada (not what I was doing, not what I told him I was doing), why you wanted to take jobs from Canadians, and on. All of that with a French accent that makes him nearly unintelligible, and that was at the Ottawa airport.
Of course, he's no where near as bad as the female U.S. customs idjit who forced me to take the seats out of my car for her search back in the '60s. Or tried to. She was distinctly pissed when I told her I didn't know how...which proves the efficacy of telling bureaucrats very little that's true. She did miss the Cuban cigars on the dashboard. Also, if I ever come up on a woman agent wearing a military style shirt with sharp military creases in it, I'll turn around and go home. I knew from experience what a PITA it was to keep the creases so you could impress someone.
Silly OT stuff snipped
Could you put OT in the header?

You mean the title itself wasn't enough to suggest that it was OT?
--
Regards,
wrote in message news:8699571a-bf64-4388-a1e7-

Maybe I am dense, but I thought that it was something about using power tools for everything when hand tools would be more appropriate
Frank Drackman wrote:

And all this angst over a 17, 627 character line off-topic post. Even with a 300 baud acoustic modem it would have taken, what, 16 seconds to download and realize that it was off topic?

wrote in message news:8699571a-bf64-4388-a1e7-

I am using Kermit...
Frank Drackman wrote:

LOL
Yeah and that comment should have been 17 line (comma) 627 character ...
[stinks when you botch sarcasm]

wrote in message news:8699571a-bf64-4388-a1e7-

I thought that you would appreciate it
"Mark & Juanita" wrote:

But all he has is 110 baud teletype and a bad connection<grin>
Lew