Just starting need info or help

Hello,im Scott,and just starting to work with wood. i have a few magazines on it,and my grandfathers old books and patterns.. what i was wondering is.. i feel kinda. well not as involved enough without a shop of some sort..and everythign would get wet.. i do not have any space that i could store my projects.or tools properly. i live on a 58 acre farm,but i live on one acre of it. ad my inlaws have a shop.but it is very very cluttered with alot of other stuff. cant get into it.and my step dad is selling some old antique stuff of my grandfathers of which i am buying from him to keep in the family.anyone know of an cheap and inexpensive way to build a shop? until the income taxes roll in? thanks

Scott Brown. < if you live inthe nw Ga area. i could use some help on shop plans.thanks>

Reply to
ScottnDess

Well, it is summer. A lean to type of arrangement with weighted roll down plastic sheets comes to mind.

Reply to
Mike G

Reply to
Bob Bowles

You are in a rural area so I don't know if you would have these available near you, but many people in my area use rental storage units as shops.

plans.thanks>

Reply to
Kennor

I suspect many of us use a garage but you may not have that option. Does anyone near you make these metal buildings that sell for around $1000? Maybe you could look at one and build it yourself for 500-600. Sears sells some and so does Lowe's. I have seen old semi trailers and school buses used as well as barns. Maybe an old oceangoing shipping container? You run into problems with HVAC (cooling/heating) as well as electricity.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

im looking into buying one of those sheds from lowes for around 198$ its small but i guess i could make some mod's on it. a window and a place for a small ac unit.and my Grandfather-in-law is an electrician...so perhaps he can run power to it..

Thanks everyone

Scott.

Reply to
ScottnDess

Over this past winter I built a 10 x 14 shed. It has 8 ft high walls, built with rough cut lumber. The walls are 2 x 4, 16 on center. I used

1 x 14 planks for the walls with batton strips. I put a metal roof on it. the floor is pressure treated 2 x 6 with 3/4 ply. the floor is the only wood that is not rough cut. The entire thing, including nails and cinder blocks, cost me $450. Have lowes or home depot beat that. The "shed" has since become my shop.

Tony

ScottnDess wrote:

Reply to
Tony Gagnon