Just saw an ad for a laser guided circular saw.

Too bad it's a Sears...
Anyone know of any other circular saw with a laser? How about cordless? I can dream, can't I?? By next year that feature will undoubtedly be de rigeur.
dave
Bay Area Dave said:

Dave, Lowes is now carrying some crap called Red-Eye, made by GMC. They have a complete line of tools with laser guides. I reckon the laser will far outlast the tool. Here ya go, only 59.95...
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId1537-38307-R13UL
Enjoy!
Greg G.
I can't even get happy with a Crapsman tool, so I'm sure you know how I feel about "no names". :)
Seriously, I was wondering if anyone had heard if the biggies had anything coming done the pike with a laser assist. Surely Sears isn't going to be the lone entrant in this field.
dave
Greg wrote:

Bay Area Dave said:

My suggestion, of course, was entirely tongue in cheek... My favorite is the GMC 2 amp drill press with twin lasers that have to be realigned every time you change the table height. <g> 2 amp... that must be a whopping 1/16 HP. They don't even advertise the size of this 'thing' (i.e. 8" - 12" etc.).
As for tools with lasers that actually WORK, the only one I know of is the Porter Cable / Delta 12" compound miter saw. It does work well.
But seeing as how consumers are eating this crap up, I'm sure they will have cordless laser guided screwdrivers before Christmas 2004.
FWIW,
Greg G.
> But seeing as how consumers are eating this crap up, I'm sure they

Sorry had to laugh at that one. Puff
<Greg G.> wrote in message

Greg, I was going to ask if there's a laser guided pencil coming to town soon; my penmanship is atrocious! :) or maybe a LG artist's brush; then I can sate my desire to become an artiste. :)
dave
Greg wrote:

Bay Area Dave said:

That would be a laser guided paint-by-number brush for you, then. <g>
Greg G.
Greg G. writes:

Isn't all this built into the latest celll phones?