Just Purchase the new Jet Super Saw

I just purchase the Jet Super Saw from Amazon.com. Wanted to buy it over the internet, but would you believe: They could not provide me with the $25 truck off loading service. Phoned their 800 order number and they would. Keep in mind, you can get guarantee offload for $25 from Amazon.com.

Walter H. Klaus

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus

I purchased mine last year from Amazon. The Fed X truck that delivered it came equipped with a lift gate and a pallet jack. The driver took the saw off the truck on the street and wheeled it up my driveway and into the garage. Couldn't have been easier. I suggest you talk to your local Fed X dispatcher to see if they offer this service in your area. I believe Amazon uses Fed X for these big items.

Reply to
Dustmaker

I think it depends on where the tool was shipped from. I've ordered a table saw and a bandsaw through Amazon. The table saw was shipped from Amazon's warehouse and did come Fed-Ex. As Dustmaker says, Fed-Ex came with a lift truch and the driver wheeled it right into my garage. The Jet bandsaw was shipped from the Jet warehouse and they used a different shipping line. It still came on a lift truck and the driver wheeled it into my garage. In both cases, I received a call the day before telling me that they would be there the next day. I asked about the lift truch each time.

Call Amazon's customer support and ask them. They're generally very helpful and should be able to get the shipping info for you.

Jo

Reply to
JLJ21710

I purchase the 16 inch delta lathe about a year ago, and it was delivered by a trucking company. The drive was great, he slide it right into my shop door. Amazon said that they would probably use the same company.

What annoyed me so bad was that the Amazon online sales did not know anything about this $25 charge and they said that I would have to make arrangements with the trucking company.

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus

I purchased a Supersaw about one month ago from my local tool dealer. They matched Amazon's price without even asking and delivered the saw into my garage on the day of my choice. No charge for shipping or unloading. Buying local allowed me to play with the saw and compare it to others. The Supersaw was accurate when unpacked and its been good to go since then.

I recently made a mobile stand out of the wood from the pallet and four casters. The design of the Supersaw allows for lift to be built within the saw's footprint. In my case I need to rotate the saw on occasion as my shop is long and somewhat narrow.

Howard

Reply to
Howard