JUST ONCE.....

Page 4 of 7

We all know you're a pretty smart guy Jack. The only problem is your arrogance overrides your intelligence every time you post. You're damned if anybody is going to force you into doing anything. The only problem is that your mistakes are likely to cause others money and time to fix them.
On 1/26/2012 10:04 PM, Dave wrote:

See, this is a big reason I know better than to ever reply to your stupid posts.
I never once spouted my mouth off about it NEVER going to happen to me. In fact, dumb ass, I said several times that at my age, the chances are greater than ever.

Yeah, you have no brain cells that deserve protection from a NASCAR approved crash helmet.
You flaunt your

Idiot!
--
Jack
Well said!
------- "Swingman" wrote in message
As an employer, I'd take your $72k for 8 incidents any day over a jury award of $1.5 million for each incident ... $12,000,000, or over 1300 times the price.
:)
On 1/21/2012 4:59 PM, DanG wrote:

damn. $800 in false trips. More than my saw cost new. Dandy product you got there. what a joke!
--
Steve Barker
On 1/21/2012 9:45 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

Don't knock what you can not afford.
On 1/21/2012 11:27 PM, Leon wrote:

i could afford 10 of them tomorrow and pay cash. You don't seem to understand. I DON"T WANT ONE!! And i don't want them forced on other people who know how to use a saw properly.
--
Steve Barker
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:05:48 -0600, Steve Barker

Your arrogance in the face of possible injury is absolutely stunning. *You* are exactly the time of person the SawStop if designed to protect. It's patently obvious that if you accidentally cut a finger off, you'd be the first to go crying to a lawyer.
On 1/22/2012 2:24 AM, Dave wrote:

you obviously don't know me. I am not the sue happy type. I believe in people being accountable for their own actions. And that includes keeping your digits out of the saw.
--
Steve Barker
I have a feeling this Steve Barker is MII in disguise.Same stupid attitude. It's his opinion, and he thinks everyone needs to adopt his opinion. Kind of like the ASH HOLE... don't you think.
On 1/22/2012 3:24 AM, Dave wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:05:48 -0600, Steve Barker

Your arrogance in the face of possible injury is absolutely stunning. *You* are exactly the time of person the SawStop if designed to protect. It's patently obvious that if you accidentally cut a finger off, you'd be the first to go crying to a lawyer. ************************************************** I understand his point. People who use their table saw without a guard might need one. Put the guard back on the saw, and use some care in how push sticks are used, and it is hard to imagine how one could cut a finger. I teach hormone filled boys how to use one, and have not had an issue without saw stop. I hope nobody makes me get one, because the saw stop basic saw is no where near as nice as the saw it would replace.
Moral of the story is use the guard.
-- Jim in NC
On 1/22/2012 12:05 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Then shut the F___up about it.

Nobody ever said that we Wreckers couldn't beat a dead horse to death all over again, several times, did they? <g>
When people want a thread to stop, they stop posting to it. I'll stop here.
-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807
On 1/22/2012 8:23 AM, Leon wrote:

yes sir!
--
Steve Barker

So if you don't want one, DON'T BUY ONE.
The fact that other people DO want them is not changed by either your arrogant refusal to even consider the possibility that you might hurt yourself some day, or your consequent inability to understand why it might be a useful thing to have.
On 1/22/2012 9:02 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

i just want it to remain a CHOICE.
--
Steve Barker
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:48:43 -0600, Steve Barker

As long as they can be disabled, they WILL be disabled - and accidents will still happen. Forcing every saw to have one will NOT necessarily save many fingers or hands.
Look how many saws are run without guards or splitters. Or by guys not wearing goggles.
Are they a good thing? Quite likely. Particularly in a high speed production environment and/or where inexperienced operators are involved. But having saw operators DEPEND on that kind of technology to keep them safe detatches them from the ramifications of careless operation - and if they get careless - and the device fails or is defeated for some (possibly very legitimate) reason, they are finished.
Much better, in my opinion, to train them to be extremely carefull and to use the already mandated and supplied safety devices. - and to SUPPLY the devices. (like push sticks, finger boards, splitters and guards)
Much better, in my opinion, to train them to be extremely careful and to use the already mandated and supplied safety devices. - and to SUPPLY the devices. (like push sticks, finger boards, splitters and guards)
Good points.
If I was a high school shop teacher (and I am) and I had a saw stop, I would tell the guys that they did not work as good as it shows on you-tube and even worse, that they sometimes did not work at all. That way, they could not depend on the saw stopping to keep them safe, and they would have to work on developing safe work habits.
-- Jim in NC
On 1/22/2012 8:26 PM, Morgans wrote:

And as all kids do they would look to prove you wrong and think you were a liar or incompetent since you could not prove that they did not work.
Tell the truth, teach them the correct way to use a TS because they may not always have the luxury of working on a TS with this technology.

Kids'll do that every day, anyway, Leon. It's our idiotic human nature to do so.

BINGO! Odds are 99:1 (or higher) right now that their dads won't have a SS at home.
-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:26:49 -0500, "Morgans"

I used to teach auto shop. Taught the kids not to depend on safety stops on jacks and ALWAYS use proper jack stands. - among other things.