Just got a bandsaw

Page 5 of 6
On 7/14/2011 3:31 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Co-wrecked!
On 7/14/2011 2:05 PM, Leon wrote:

Not sure about the filter, but the "delete" item in the menu bar is greyed out and does not work in TB 5.0 when in a newsgroup. It is not greyed out, and does work when in an email account. This is by design far as I know?
Is yours different?
5.0 here...
--
Jack
Got Change: Democratic Republic ======> Banana Republic!
On 7/17/2011 5:18 PM, Jack Stein wrote:

I am using TB 5.0.
To delete a sender/poster, click Menu, message drop down, choose Create filter from message.
In the window that drops opens choose the obvious.
Then once the filter is created choose from the Menu, Tools, Message Filters.
Choose the filter, and at the bottom of this window open the drop down " Run filters on" and select the correct group. Choose run now.
The key is to ensure you have chosen the correct group.
Not a real quick way but it works.
On 7/17/2011 6:34 PM, Leon wrote:

Same here.

Yes, I know all that, but in the past, deleting a message didn't work in a newsgroup. I'm asking about the menu bar right below the tool bar. You can customize it however you want, and one of the items is delete. This is greyed out when in a newsgroup so you cannot delete the message. I would think deleting a message via a filter wouldn't work either. I'll have to try it on someone that looks like a troll... Mr Pounder, yeah that looks shaky enough...
...Yep, now the filter deletes the message just as you say, yet and still, the delete tool is greyed out in the menu bar....
I hope the sucker was a troll, cause the message sure enough is gone... I prefer to mark them as read myself, just in case.

--
Jack
On 7/17/2011 5:56 PM, Jack Stein wrote:

Ohhhhhh, That deletes e-mail.
This

I'll
Click on/Hi light your in box, and the Delete button will no longer be greyed out.

On 7/17/2011 11:11 PM, Leon wrote:

Yes, the inbox is email, newsgroups are a separate account and the delete button is greyed out in newsgroups, supposedly because you cannot delete messages from a newsgroup. This was consistent in both the menu bar and in the message filters, but in 5.0, it's no longer consistent, you can delete them with a filter, but not from the menu bar. A minor issue, bigger one is I can no longer create a filter from an opened message.
--
Jack
Got Change: Now CHANGE IT BACK!
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:40:00 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

I don't use Tbird for news, only for mail, so I was basing my post on how it worked for mail. But I can see why it wouldn't work for news. BTW, I added a "Received" option to the filter choices in Tbird. That way I can filter out any mail from China, Russia, etc..

On 7/14/2011 12:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Don't know what the problem was, with TB 5.0 the filter works very much like Outlook Express did.
@swbelldotnet says...

What I wanna know is how on this "HD band saw" one manages to go from a 1-1/2 inch blade to a 1/8 inch blade without adjusting guides. Does the 1/8 inch blade just ride way back in the back of the guides rubbing its teeth off them and riding on the edge of the wheel or something?
Every band saw I've ever seen has an upper and lower guide behind the blade and when you change blades widths that has to be adjusted to the new width. Is this "HD band saw" not so equipped?
I mean since I'm so horribly wrong on this that I deserve to be killfiled, I'd really like to know.
So disagreeing with someone in an on-topic post is "trolling" and people who disagree on topic in an on topic post should be killfiled?
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
So disagreeing with someone in an on-topic post is "trolling" and people who disagree on topic in an on topic post should be killfiled?
--------------
Looks familiar from your BS here?
tit for tat?
mike
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 05:25:50 -0700 (PDT), "J. Clarke"
Arguing incessantly might be the reason enough in your case
@hotmail.com says...

One post is hardly "arguing incessantly".
Take the hook out of your mouth. It's the same hook you cast occasionally. You should know how it works here.
"J. Clarke" wrote in message wrote:

One post is hardly "arguing incessantly".

You should just STFU Gymmy Bob/Josepi. But you wont.. you are that f'rkin stupid. george

<plonk>
On 7/13/2011 10:05 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Larry, just because people disagree with stuff and are not afraid to put it in writing doesn't mean they are trolls. krw is not a troll, J. Clark is not a troll? Trolls always use fake names, are not at all interested in anything related to the newsgroup, and often work in teams, and/or take on multiple personalities for the sole purpose of disrupting a group. 99% of the time you can spot a real troll easily by the name, and the content of the post. If you think these two are trolls, you need to think harder.
It's true that ignoring trolls, or anyone you disagree with, will make your on line life quicker and easier... But boring as hell.
--
Jack
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
----------------------- "Jack Stein" wrote in message Larry, just because people disagree with stuff and are not afraid to put it in writing doesn't mean they are trolls. krw is not a troll, J. Clark is not a troll? Trolls always use fake names, are not at all interested in anything related to the newsgroup, and often work in teams, and/or take on multiple personalities for the sole purpose of disrupting a group. 99% of the time you can spot a real troll easily by the name, and the content of the post. If you think these two are trolls, you need to think harder.
It's true that ignoring trolls, or anyone you disagree with, will make your on line life quicker and easier... But boring as hell.
--
Jack
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;

right... make the victim guilty.. brilliant, not!
/sawn

"trolls" of the kind following you up? That edjut gets boring real fast. "xSpurt on everything" he i s well known as.
"X" being....
You are correct in saying "boring as hell" if one cannot handle a troll or two as _everyone_ does this :-> george
Why are you so angry?