Just Curious -- How many took advantage...

I looked around but didn't see any power tool that I didn't already have a good representative sample or two of already, or wouldn't buy anyway (e.g., detail sander). How did this happen? It's kind of freaky.... ;-)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I had recently bought a Delta 10" CMS at Lowes eligible for a rebate. Took my paperwork back, got the 20% credit for the purchase and new paperwork to get the rebate as well.

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

I'm lucky, I'm 30 minutes from TP, Coastal, or Woodcraft. Why mail order?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

- Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Ehvee8or

Well, that makes at least 2 of us that picked up a 3100 over the weekend.

YJJim

Reply to
YJJim

RKON thus spake:

My GOD! What a feeding frenzy!

I'll have to admit, I did pick up a few things: (including rebate) Delta 14" Bandsaw for $260, and the PC557 plate joiner for $127.

Yahoo!

If I had thought about it more, and known about some of the concurrent rebates, would have picked up a PC333 ROS as well - maybe a lathe. And...

I ordered online from the Blue Borg at 5:00am and picked up the stuff at 6:30am. Missed all the crowds - there was no one there. When I told the tool department manager what I paid for the stuff, he mumbled something about, 'Why don't we just lock the doors and go out of business'.

I then avoided retail stores until this morning - needed to pick up a box of nails. You could hear your footsteps echo through the empty aisles. It looked like a band of LA looters had passed through the tool department. I think someone even peeled up the floor tiles and took them...

Ahhh.... Capitalism and the Holidays!

Guys, enjoy your new toys! Merry Christmas! I know I've been waiting for this a long while!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Add another tothe list. The Borg opened it's doors here on the 18th, so I got the 10% for opening an account plus the 20% off for the weekend = $215 for the BT3100. Yippee!

Woulda got a PC557 but both HD and Lowes were sold out of 'em. Go figure.

nuk

Reply to
nuk

The woodworking show is coming up next month in Springfield. You planning on going?

Rich

wrote

Reply to
RKON

Yes, I think it is about mid-month. I saw something about it but no details yet.

Maybe we could all get together and beat up one of the vendors for a huge discount for wReckers.. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Ed ...

1/16/04 noon-6 1/17/04 10-6 1/18/04 10-4 At the Big E (Young Building) info at

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Thanks, I just checked the web page and it is an impressive list of exhibitors. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Bought the Delta 580 thickness planer 2 weeks ago at Woodcrafty, but with 20% off, couldn't resist and got a corded Dremel with the flex shaft (wanna do some detail carving) as well as the Ryobi OSS ( I Like the Ridgid OSS with the belt more, but can't resist for $70)

Was thinking of upgrading my BT3000 to the BT3100, but I think I'd rather get something with more power and some triangles on it.....

What I didn't get:

6" floor Jointer - no space 14" Band Saw - No space Scroll Saw - very very tempted Power hand plane - I have an old Crapsman, and only need this for some doors I need to hang. I also have a hand joint plane. Decided that even for under $30 for the B&D which has carbide inserts, it wasn't worth it.

Yitah

Reply to
Yitah

Maybe.

That show isn't THE Woodworking Show, I think it's a new one.

I was thinking of attending, though.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Maybe a bunch of us could hook up for breakfast somewhere off I-91?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Sounds like a plan Ed