Just Curious -- How many took advantage...

Page 2 of 2
I got the PC557. Normally, for a tool such as this, I would go across the street to Coastal (their regular price is a couple of bucks cheaper than the Borg). But between the 20% off and an existing gift card, resistance was futile.
Lee

Picked up the Ridgid belt/spindle sander, Ryobi scroll saw, Porter Cable R/O sander, and a Ryobi Biscuit Joiner. Good thing the shop is heated. Looks like I may be sleeping there for a while til SWMBO calms down. :-)
Paul

Paul thus spake:

I hear ya - Could be the same chilly circumstance here if what I got for her doesn't please adequately....
Greg G.
Picked up the Delta 6 in Jointer today with the 20% off. I got the small benchtop one, figured after getting the Jet contractor saw, Dewalt planer in the last month I better go easy with SWMBO.
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Remove CC for email and please visit our web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com
I got a Makita R/O sander and a Delta variable speed grinder at Lowes.
I saved about $35. Not bad.
Rob

Ryobi BT3100 tablesaw and Rigid JP0610 Jointer, saved $150 for the pair.
RKON wrote:

Well, that makes at least 2 of us that picked up a 3100 over the weekend.
YJJim
Grandpa <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

YJJim wrote:

Add another tothe list. The Borg opened it's doors here on the 18th, so I got the 10% for opening an account plus the 20% off for the weekend $215 for the BT3100. Yippee!
Woulda got a PC557 but both HD and Lowes were sold out of 'em. Go figure.
nuk
RKON wrote:

A 3/8 drill and a circular saw, both Milwaukee.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

I looked around but didn't see any power tool that I didn't already have a good representative sample or two of already, or wouldn't buy anyway (e.g., detail sander). How did this happen? It's kind of freaky.... ;-)
John
I had recently bought a Delta 10" CMS at Lowes eligible for a rebate. Took my paperwork back, got the 20% credit for the purchase and new paperwork to get the rebate as well.
I ipdn't buy anything new, but I did take the receipts for the Bosch jigsaw, PC sander, and Ryobi planer I bought in December and got 20% refunded on each. Put $100 back in my pocket.
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:42:40 -0500, "RKON"

-------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke
RKON thus spake:

My GOD! What a feeding frenzy!
I'll have to admit, I did pick up a few things: (including rebate) Delta 14" Bandsaw for $260, and the PC557 plate joiner for $127.
Yahoo!
If I had thought about it more, and known about some of the concurrent rebates, would have picked up a PC333 ROS as well - maybe a lathe. And... <g>
I ordered online from the Blue Borg at 5:00am and picked up the stuff at 6:30am. Missed all the crowds - there was no one there. When I told the tool department manager what I paid for the stuff, he mumbled something about, 'Why don't we just lock the doors and go out of business'.
I then avoided retail stores until this morning - needed to pick up a box of nails. You could hear your footsteps echo through the empty aisles. It looked like a band of LA looters had passed through the tool department. I think someone even peeled up the floor tiles and took them...
Ahhh.... Capitalism and the Holidays!
Guys, enjoy your new toys! Merry Christmas! I know I've been waiting for this a long while!
Greg G.
Bought the Delta 580 thickness planer 2 weeks ago at Woodcrafty, but with 20% off, couldn't resist and got a corded Dremel with the flex shaft (wanna do some detail carving) as well as the Ryobi OSS ( I Like the Ridgid OSS with the belt more, but can't resist for $70)
Was thinking of upgrading my BT3000 to the BT3100, but I think I'd rather get something with more power and some triangles on it.....
What I didn't get:
6" floor Jointer - no space 14" Band Saw - No space Scroll Saw - very very tempted Power hand plane - I have an old Crapsman, and only need this for some doors I need to hang. I also have a hand joint plane. Decided that even for under $30 for the B&D which has carbide inserts, it wasn't worth it.
Yitah
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:42:40 -0500, "RKON"