Just a thought on Sanders

I find myself on the mad dash to complete the xmas projects. My biggest stumbling block is getting the quality I desire to give to my relatives. Since I don't yet have a wide belt sander its the struggle to get the finish I want from hand tools. I'm currently working with old mill pond cedar that I bought a flat bed load of back in the 70's. Damn if you look at it wrong its got a ding in it. I seem to be constantly sanding, working on the trim pieces I can't seem to hand hold the moldiing and control my ROS sander. But I pulled out my 20 year old PC speedblock and find I can sand effectively. The rolls of stick on paper are cheap and I just keep swapping. A plus is that the stick on paper seems to swap out better than the hook and loop which seems to be one time only. Any thoughts on this.
Mike M wrote:

Go with what works at "crunch time." <g> I've done that kind of thing many times in computer demos.
-- Mark
Stick-on has a firmer backing. Less flex to kick grit loose from the adhesive, less "give" means faster abrasion. Seems plausible. Love my old Rockwell Speedbloc for the same reason(s).