Just a thought on Sanders

I find myself on the mad dash to complete the xmas projects. My biggest stumbling block is getting the quality I desire to give to my relatives. Since I don't yet have a wide belt sander its the struggle to get the finish I want from hand tools. I'm currently working with old mill pond cedar that I bought a flat bed load of back in the 70's. Damn if you look at it wrong its got a ding in it. I seem to be constantly sanding, working on the trim pieces I can't seem to hand hold the moldiing and control my ROS sander. But I pulled out my 20 year old PC speedblock and find I can sand effectively. The rolls of stick on paper are cheap and I just keep swapping. A plus is that the stick on paper seems to swap out better than the hook and loop which seems to be one time only. Any thoughts on this.

Reply to
Mike M

Go with what works at "crunch time." I've done that kind of thing many times in computer demos.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Stick-on has a firmer backing. Less flex to kick grit loose from the adhesive, less "give" means faster abrasion. Seems plausible. Love my old Rockwell Speedbloc for the same reason(s).

Reply to
George