Just a summer drive

Not a great thought or anything, just a peaceful moment in the middle of the Northern VA madness. Picked Rik up and we went for a drive out toward Leesburg. No Hiway, just surface roads. Takes a bit longer, but the windows were down and the sun was out. Stopped at the local sawmill and picked up a 4X6 8' long of Poplar. Air dried, nothin' fancy, $7.70 +tax. Might not be the best price in the world, but we got to walk the woodpiles and look at the walnut and cherry, watched the big trucks. I figure I've got enough there to make 4 Mallets for my froes and cook a few dinners. Not a bad way to spend $8 and a few hours with a friend. Simple thoughts and feelings is all. Quiet. Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Steven P wrote:

Off Cochram Mill Rd at Rt 7. Past Lucky stone, on the left. It's called Riverbend Sawmill. Where are you coming from? Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

StevenP wrote:

The mill is next to the golf course, almost, next street up I think. I'm between Burke and Fairfax, in the county not the city, near Braddock and Guinea Rds.
Dave in Fairfax (sorta)
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work