Jumbo Granite Surfacing Plate

A couple three years back I saw a granite surfacing up for auction somewhere near Boston. The thing was 6 feet wide, 12 feet long and a couple of feet thick I think. I remember at the time thinking that it would have made an extraordinary glue-up surface. You needed a rigger to go get it (pickup only) but it never sold at something like a $1000 starting price. That would have been the mother-of-all-ScarySharp surfaces too.
JP
I received a scrap piece of granite during a kitchen re-do about 12"X18" that gets used for "scary sharp" on my chisels.
Jay Pique wrote:

Granite runs at 225 lbs/cubic ft. 6 x 12 x 2 x2252400 pounds.2 tons. It'd be a fun job to bring it down the stairs to the basement shop.
On the other hand, it'd make a swell tombstone.

When I worked for an Airline I brought home a scrapped Beoing front windshield for a honing plate. It is about 3/4 inch thick, dead flat and most important for me, not cumbersome. jesse