JPM13-CS Experiences

I am halfway through my first molding process using my Jet Planer and have a few questions. My current run will produce some 2 1/4" Casing out of Red Oak. I have the stock sized at 3/4" x 2 3/8" as suggested. My next step is the relief cut and then move on to the actual profile cut.
1. I have ~ 4" of snipe at the end of each board from the Planing Process. Is there any way I can fix this or will this become waste?
2. The manual mentions that it may be necessary to make several passes when making the profile cut, is this true? I was wondering how the feed rollers would work with less contact surface on second and subsequent passses.
3. Any tricks on the profile knife installation? I didn't have any problems installing the relief knives but the profile knives require a lot more precision.
Thanks, -Mike
As far as the snipe: If you've already plane to 3/4 then it wil probably be waste. Someone here once posted an intriguing website where a guy took some laminated pressboard 12 inches wide and affixed it to his old Delta Planer Infeed/Outfeed table. With the extra length of this board and the slick laminated surface (probably waxed ever so often) he virtually eliminated his snipe problems because the board provided such great infeed and outfeed support. If anyone remembers this post I would like to see it again.