jorgensen vise question

I recently tried to install the 10" jorgensen front vise. When I pulled out the cotter pin so I could just deal with mounting the back vise face onto the workbench, the piece that sits just back of the back vise plate fell out.

This piece is what the screw engages, and it also handles the quick release feature. Anyway I cannot get this piece back on in a way that either fully engages the screw all the time, or provides quick release only when needed. It moves around, slides around, doesn't settle down...I do not believe there is a missing piece as the cast iron is solid with not signs of marks from clips, screws, tabs,etc.

Anyone with similar experiences? Comments on Jorgensen versus Record as a front vise?

Reply to
C Carruth