Joist weight chart or calculator?

Hello,
I'd like to build a storage loft shelf in my shop where the front edge is suspended from the ceiling joists and the wall edge is lag bolted to the wall studs (with under cleat too). It would be approx 16 feet long and protrude 32 inches from the wall. It will be used to store common household items like the lawn mower, and storage boxes, etc. (I will affix a block and tackle to ceiling to hoist stuff up there).
Would I be stressing my ceiling joists too much? The ceiling joists are 1x12 on 16 inch centers and free spanning 22 feet.
Is there a calculator or chart available that lists the load capacities of common dimensional lumber given the spacing, span and lumber size/species? Or do you think this will hold ok (assuming nothing is in the attic).
Thanks Rick

http://www.awc.org/calculators/span/reversecalc/reversecalc.asp or http://www.woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator.htm

Thanks! The span joist calculator is perfect.
RickH wrote:

Are you sure that's not 2 x 12?
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

oops, yes its 2x12.
"RickH" wrote

Like megabytes/gigabytes, we knew what you meant. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/30/07