Joints for bed

Im making a solid oak single bed 3 x 3 oak leag 15" high capped with walnut tops to hide the end grain 61/2" side 3/4" thick the clip fitting to hold the sides on do you think its ok to just biscuit the joints on the bottom and headboard ends?
--
http://www.connoraston.com

Connor Aston wrote:

I'd use something similar to these http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page
Strong and easy to take apart and move
Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Do you mean side rails to bed posts or headboard to bedposts?
I'll assume you meant the latter. In building my last bed, I used a mortise and large tenon. Beds get a surprising amount of unusual forces for many directions. The rails are attached using two of the the large Rockler rail catches on each end. (See other post for link)
Heres a picture:
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/bedfin1.jpg
Dave
I'd agree that biscuits wouldn't be sufficient for any structural joint on a bed frame. I'm working on a mission style bed frame also, and I'm using the connectors from the first reply post to connect my side rails to the posts, and large m&t's to connect the headboard pieces to the posts. Look around at Rockler.com - there are a few different types of hardware to connect side rails to the posts. Good luck, Andy
Frank Drackman wrote:

I believe if you scroll down on that site you'll find bed bolts too. I just wanted to give him options. I'm not pushing Rockler but I have one down the street and it's usually the first thing that comes up on a Google search. Its amazing what you find on google if you just ask?
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I didn't mean to imply that you were endorsing them. I just wanted to let people know that I have had bad experiences with them. The bed bolts hace some design restrictions but I can deal with them. I can't deal with squeaky beds.
Frank Drackman wrote:

No problem :)
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

--
http://www.connoraston.com

If you or your customer are going to make love on the bed then only bed bolts will suffice to keep it from falling apart beneath you.
DAMHIKT ;->
J.