Jointer problems?

Hi: I had purchased a 8" king jointer. Now I'm not 100 % sure why I'm having problems in getting a flat surface when ever I face joint or edge joint some wood. I do believe that the knies have been set properly the in feed/ out feed tables are a bit out of level, ( using a torpedo level) but that might be because the floor may not be level. What seems to be happening is that I'm getting a

Reply to
coldethal

Level does not matter *at all*. What matters is that the tables are coplaner. To measure this, you need a good straightedge and feeler gauges.

jc

Reply to
joe

A Starrett 4' level would allow you to do both... if they made such a thing and a second mortgage were available. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Reply to