Jointer motor Part III

Thanks for the leads, guys. I'm going to take a look at a 2hp, 3450 RPM motor for $139 from Tractor Supply. I'll take the old motor with me to compare spindle and pulley sizes. Any "gotchas"? TS labels this as a compressor motor.
Yes, make sure the new motor turns in the same directions as your old one. Make sure the continues rating is the same as your old one. Make sure the RPM on the old matches the new one. Make sure the frames are identical or will you need an adapter. Make sure the old pulley can be moved to the new one or buy a new one at Tractor Supply while you are there. Do you need a new belt as well? See if TS has one of those as well.
Mike in Ohio
On 02/06/2011 05:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com wrote:

Make sure it is continuous duty motor. you won't want to cool it off for three out of four hours or anything like that...
Continuous run 24/7 without overheating.
Martin
On 2/6/2011 4:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:38:33 -0600, Martin Eastburn

GENERALLY speaking, compressor motors are not continuous duty and are designed for high starting torque. You do not need the high starting torque, and jointer service is not 100% duty cycle under load - so you might be OK.
I really like sealed (dust proof) motors for woodworking equipment (TEFC)