jointer "JUST" right???

Anybodys jointer joint perfectly? Have a 6" jet that does an OK job, but just ain't gonna be perfect. Joint 2 three foot boards and put the edges together and you can still see a little light if you hold it up just at the right angle. An ever so small gap, but a gap just the same. Have shimmed and shimmed and shimmed and tired of shimming . Is this as good as it gets? I know the outfeed table is sagging or leaning or something just a % of a thousandth.

Some body tell me theirs ain't perfect either so I can relax.

jack with a light crack

Reply to
Jack Gray

Consistent error? If so, blame the machine. Not mine, but possibly yours.

Inconsistency goes to the operator.

Reply to
George

sorry, but I can't tell you that my Powermatic does just an "ok" job. It does an outstanding job of creating flat boards. All it takes is a little fine tuning of the outfeed table height, blade adjustment, checking to see that the tables are coplaner, and a little experience in pushing the stock PROPERLY. If you are planing narrow sringy stock, then you might have to push two jointed boards together with a LITTLE pressure to see no daylight. Heavier boards should certainly not show any daylight when the edges are held together. Review your set-up and technique.

dave

Jack Gray wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

_For_what_I_use_it_for, my delta 6" bench-top *does* do 'perfect' joints.

Caveat, I know it's limitations, and don't push the envelope.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

don't bother with the OP. he didn't respond to anyone over a 12 day period...

dave

Robert B> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave