Jointer Help -- Color me Stupid

Anybody out there have the PM 60 8" Jointer ?

I am trying to upgrade from a 6" model and kinda like the PM 60. I am having trouble getting information about the tool. The WMH web site only has information about Model 60A but looking at amazon it seems that model is no longer sold (replaced by 60B) Reading between the lines it would seem the 60A was a 1.5 HP model and a reviewer noted it as under powered (the 60B is 2HP)

I could not find the recommended mobile base on Amazon so I called their help line. Seems that they can order it but that amazon does not regularly carry it ?????

Next step is to find a universal base that would work -- but I cannot seem to find the dimensions of the base cabinet anywhere. Neither at amazon nor at the WMH web site. So if there is someone out there with a 60B could you let me know what model mobile base you have it one -- or better yet measure the dimensions of the base cabinet

Just seems that it should not be this hard to drop a grand --

Eric

Reply to
Sam the Cat

call Powermatic tomorrow. 800-274-6848