jointer funny

For some reason I just surfed over to look at Grizzly jointers. I clicked on the 20", $8,000 jointer for the hell of it. I just thought this was funny:
*Approximate shipping weight: 1765 lbs.
Includes: FREE Pair of Safety Push Blocks
Yippie hah! FREE push blocks! Hot damn. Who do I make the check out to?
<<Yippie hah! FREE push blocks! Hot damn. Who do I make the check out to?>>
Reminds me of a friend who went to an auto show where they had a beautiful Rolls Royce on display behind velvet ropes to keep it from getting disfigured by the grubby fingerprints of the hoi polloi. My buddy leaned over the rope asked the guy who was on guard duty, "Does it come with AM and FM?" <g>
Lee

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 03:54:19 -0500, "Lee Gordon"

Don't laugh too hard. Mercedes used to charge extra for metallic paint, and listed a "customization charge" if the car was ordered with options.
Barry

Some German manufacturers still charge for metallic paint. IIRC BMW is one. And, My wife and I bought a 2004 Honda Accord EX in July. The Red metallic that we chose is only available in the EX model. The EX being more expensive than the DX or LX models would indicate to me that the Red Metallic paint is Extra also.. :~) Try pricing a 1005 Corvette today or tomorrow. The local Chevy dealers in Houston are marking them up $15,000.
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:39:39 GMT, "Leon"

I know you mean 2005, but imagine a 1005 'vette?
Wooden wheels, stone bumpers roped in place, maybe two horsepower... <G>
Barry

Yeah.... That was my type-o correction from 2205. LOL

Right. The 2205 model with FTL drive . . :)
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:41:49 GMT, Charles Krug

I didn't know that Fruit-of-The-Loom MADE stardrives. ;) "Now featuring RAMSCOOP by Brussard Ramjet Corp!"
"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
<<Try pricing a 1005 Corvette today or tomorrow. The local Chevy dealers in Houston are marking them up $15,000. >>
Gotta expect to pay a premium for a quality antique. <g>
Lee

Make check out to ,Grizzly Industrial mike