jointer blades

I have inherited a Craftman jointer, Model 103.23340
It is about 50 or 60 years old and besides a little surface rust is in really good shape. I need to find a place to get blades and the spacer that goes with the blades. It has 2 of the blades in it but is missing one and the spacer that helps lock it in. The blades are a little over 4 inches, i don't remeber the exact measurement and i am at work now so i can't go look.
I found one website with 4 inch blades but they were unable to actually get them. Does anyone know where i can order some. Thanks.
You said it all. I am fairly certain that Sears will have them to order. If not Ebay. Bob AZ
jd wrote:

good luck with http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/planer_knives.html
jd wrote:

Craftsman. They were enough out of tolerance that they came out and tried to kill me. Test with scrap (with the guard on) before you do anything. I ultimately got a set of Freud knives. Then I gave the whole shebang to my next door neighbor with manuals and caveats. Oh and Sears will fight tooth and nail to protect their interests. If you want to look at the saga, a google to the rec on jo4hn (sender) and jointer (subject) might yield more info than you wanted.     luck,     jo4hn
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:55:22 -0700, jo4hn wrote:

Actually, the old Craftsman products were very good. My grandfather used Craftsman tools 40 odd years ago and did spectacular cabinetry work. Some of the modern material does leave a lot to wish for though.
JD
jd wrote:

unless they are really strange knives you can get them made up at any decent sharpening service.
My friend,
You might try http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/planer_knives.html
I haven't used them myself yet, but I found this place when I started looking for another set of blades for my 6 inch jointer. They seem to be about half the cost of what Sears wants for a set.
Zap