jointer bed discoloration, can I remove it

I have a Powermatic 54A that I put together this weekend and I have a small discoloration on the end of the infeed table. It had the preservative coating on it when I put the table on the base and when I cleaned it up with Kerosene that was a small area about 2 sq inches that was discolored. It is not rust and the color is a little darker than the table itself and it is not a big deal but I was wondering if there is a way to clean it. All I have done to it is to clean the table with Kerosene and put paste wax on it. Is there a product to clean the table or just not worry about it, it is not enough of a problem to try to return it, but I am curious about if I can remove the discoloration. Mike Francis
if it's not rust it's probably something that has spilled on there. try a stronger solvent or scraping with a razor blade.
but cast iron is pretty porous, and it does rust beneath the surface. this is likely what you are seeing. you can try something like barkeeper's friend, which will likely get the stain out, but with time the whole thing will darken a bit. it's not a problem. just keep it clean and use it.