jointer

Haven't been out to my shop for a while. While shaking off the rust (woodworking is definitely a perishable skill), I noticed something odd about my jointer. After making a couple passes on the edge of an oak board, the leading edge has more wood removed than the trailing edge. I checked the outfeed table and it is the same height as the knives. I am sure, as usual, I am overlooking the obvious, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Reply to
ron

Are the tables coplanar?

Reply to
A.M. Wood

I do not have a straight edge long enough to span the entire length of the jointer. However with the infeed table raised to it's top position, the tables do seem to be adjusted correctly. I have to admit, in the back of my mind, I have this nagging thought that it may be a loose nut pushing the wood.

Reply to
ron

Hi Ron, Try lowering the outfeed table just a hair. If you get snipe at the trailing edge end you have lowered it too far. Cheers, JG

Reply to
JGS