Jointech vs Incra Router Fence Systems

I would like to hear/read current comments regarding the quality and satisfaction with the Jointech or Incra router fence systems.

Most of the reviews I have read are from several years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Reply to
James Drolte

My Incra Twin Linear works like a charm. Just don't do like I did and wipe out the fence with your bit when creating zero clearance inserts! I had some trouble reading the scales when cutting dovetails, but I came up with a solution that works for me.

I've never used the Jointech so can't say which one is better.

David

James Drolte wrote:

Reply to
David

I think you will find people have one of these and are happy and so never get to try the other.

I have the Incra UltraPro 16 and would never go back to a normal fence which clamps and requires nudging to get the settings. When I had the old nudge style, I found it took me ages to setup and I rarely could achieve the setting again without a lot of nudging, clamping and re-measuring.

The Jointech claim to have metal teeth vs the plastic of the Incra. I have not found the plastic to be a problem. I am careful to allow the fence to align the teeth before closing the clamping mechanism.

I added a wooden "sacrificial" fence to allow me to work with large diameter bits without having issues of the bit interfering with the Incra. I would have had to do the same for the Jointech.

They were both offered at a Woodworking show. I think I went with the Incra due to liking the demo of Woodpeckers who sell the Incra.

I find setup, change a breeze and can achieve instant and exact setup for the same operation with the same bit very quickly.

Incra show the fence clamped to the router table on the assumption the fence will be moved to other tools like a drill press.

I bolted mine to the router table, since I never plan to move this between tools. This results in a very solid arrangement.

Which ever one of these you get, I expect you will also become a convert.

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

I'll third the Incra. I've had mine for 5 or 6 years now and I still love it! I have a twin linear. I looked at Jointech when I bough and I liked the system approach that Incra offered. Many different products that all use the same style jigs and fixtures. I'm now up to a mitre gauge on the table saw and table/fence on my drill press. I love the ability to move by 1/32" at will.

I've never had a problem with the plastic teeth that Jointech complains about so IMHO that's a non issue. I think you could be just as happy with Jointech, but I love my Incra and Woodpeckers who also make a number of products to enhance the Incra. Check them out;

are the people who sell Inca at the woodworking shows.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

I looked at both at several WW shows & went with the Jointech. It was more solid than the Incra and more flexible regarding space, which was a major concern for a table saw. The Incra arm goes far off to the right.

Installation was easy, but I think Incra's rails attach quicker. Overall I like the system and am pleased. A few questions/problems did arise. Cust service was very responsive (more so than Incra when I had questions about buying). The only point bothered me is the 2 sidef the fence are 6 thousandths off (in reality it doesn't matter, but Incra claims closer tolereances _ I'm told because their jointer atachment will not funtion right _ I don't know. When I had difficulty centering pieces for Dove tails, Jointech offered to replace the fence, although said very few would be off. I later found I wasn't following the instrctions correctly. Now I make perfect Dove tails

Overall I liked both but would buy the Jointech again and think you'll be happy with either

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

I bought the JoinTech Cabinet Maker System at a WWing show 3 or 4 years ago - fence, clincher, mounting base, table top, router insert with assortment of rings, vertical push fixture, vertical and horisontal "feather boards", zero clearance fence inserts and a set of router bits.

Have used it for making through and half blind dovetails for drawers, cabinets and various boxes as well as sliding dovetail shelves, miter locked boxes etc.

The clincher provides easy precision fence positioning and locks down solid. The replaceable fence inserts let you do two profiles in each insert (assuming the bits are large) and keep stock from getting pulled into the opening at the beginning of a pass.

I'd buy the package again in a New York minute. And the folks at JoinTech are nice people and easy to work with.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Reply to
daryl1138

You might give Johnson's Workbench a call. I know the main store in Charlotte carried Incra stuff a year ago but don't remember if they had anything setup. They also have stores in Grand Rapids and South Bend.

Joe

Reply to
joe smigiel

You might want to contact Woodpecker.com and see if they can point you to a user in your area. That way you can actually see one in a working environment.

Reply to
Bernie Hunt