Joining Scrap Balsa

I just received approximately 1 cubic yard of 3/4x7"x8" finished balsa. I would like to incorporate these into a current project I am working on, a wooden, chambered surfboard. I would like to join these blocks to create 3/4" x7"x 8' planks. I am thinking of using my table saw and cutting tenons and mortises. The only problem I have with the that method is the open ends on the mortise will give a weaker joint. I am thinking quite possibly create the tenons on the table saw and then set up a jig with stops on the router table for a mortise to solve the open end issue. Any thoughts on a faster and or stronger method?
You're gonna be fiberglassing the board in the end, I assume? If so, it'll be more than strong enough. Having a good glue joint in endgrain balsa is a must too.
John

if you're going to glass the board, wouldn't the balsa be more or less nonstructural filler in any case?
look into scarf joints.

You're right. And not to mention I will be staggering the planks

Thought about it, but the waste would be more than tenoning. What I did consider was finger jointing, but the cost of the blades is more than I am willing to accept for this project.
That sounds like too much effort to me. How about gluing your blocks together in a running bond pattern (http://www.cmhpf.org/kids/Guideboox/brick.html ~2/3 the way down) and ripping your desired plank out of this? You'll need to incorporate 1 longitudinal glue line in the plank. This is a lot faster and should be more than strong enuf until you get the glass on it.
Art

Yep it sure is. And frankly, the only reason I was doing it was because the material was there for free. But after visitng a few other forums, some one suggested I just laminate the wood on it's face. Since I only need about 8" of width by 8' of length, this method prevented the problem I was trying to avoid, weak joints. Thanks, Herb
Won't that will give you 2X your desired thickness?

Would instead use a router table and a finger joint bit(s)
John