Joining Melamine

Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. Cillyman (scott)

Reply to
Scott

=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4F269.E2D53D10

Hi - can you turn off HTML posting? It makes your message nearly unreadable.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Conformat screws are specifically desinged for this. Would suggest augmenting with glue (Titebond works well)

John

joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. Cillyman (scott)

Reply to
John

Reply to
David

Is the special drill bit necessary to use the Confirmat screws ?

Reply to
Scott

Yes

John

Reply to
John

#8 lowroot, 2-1/2" self sinking head....pre-drill with 1/8 bit.

Use a laquer based white glue.

Reply to
Robatoy

Check out

's offers a starter kit with screws, step drill, plugs and drive bit. I'v done a number of shop cabinet projects and office printer stands using these and have been very happy. Do be aware thy use a very large drive bit. It's the same kind of bit you see for deck screws.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt