Joining Melamine

Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. Cillyman (scott)
-- The deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts. And the one eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn. Come in she said I'll give you shelter from the storm.

Hi - can you turn off HTML posting? It makes your message nearly unreadable.

Conformat screws are specifically desinged for this. Would suggest augmenting with glue (Titebond works well)
John
wrote:

joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. Cillyman (scott)
Glue: Roo Glue http://www.rooglue.com /
Screws: Confirmat http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Confirmat_screw_assembly.html
David
Scott wrote:

Is the special drill bit necessary to use the Confirmat screws ?
--
The deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But nothing
really matters much, it's doom alone that counts. And the one eyed
Yes
John

Check out http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?subcat .1.1.2 Mcfeely's offers a starter kit with screws, step drill, plugs and drive bit. I'v done a number of shop cabinet projects and office printer stands using these and have been very happy. Do be aware thy use a very large drive bit. It's the same kind of bit you see for deck screws.
Bernie

#8 lowroot, 2-1/2" self sinking head....pre-drill with 1/8 bit.
Use a laquer based white glue.