joining end grain

building a table top and I have a lot of short 24" white oak boards. Is there any way that these can be joined into longer boards for a table top? Thanks in advance.
Red Tennessee by birth Volunteer by the grace of God. Veteran because of AsHo LBJ

Dowel pins or biscuits should work just fine. It would be a good idea to stagger the joint lines in adjacent fitting boards.
On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:58:16 GMT, "Leon"

Or finger joints with a router. Makes a stronger joint.
Pete
alysonsdad wrote: > building a table top and I have a lot of short 24" white oak boards. > Is there any way that these can be joined into longer boards for a > table top?
8:1 scarf joints.
You will need a jig and either a router of a hand held power planer to do it.
As a boat builder, been there, done that, keep the tee shirt.
Lew
Lap joints may be the easiest.
Sonny