Joinery for toolbox--response

I'm still having problems responding to other threads, so I had to start a new one for this response to my earlier one on quick-and-dirty toolbox joinery:

Thanks, everyone, for some good suggestions.

For the longer box, I'm going to rabbet the bottom and sides w/ my just-inherited Stanley 78, glue w/ drywall screws that will be replaced (after the glue dries) with dowels. The ends will be joined as on a Mastermyn box. Haven't yet decided what kind of hinges to use, I'll have to see what's in my junk bins....

I've done rabbeted boxes before, but with a router, so the hand plane will make it interesting.

I'm going to try box joints on the smaller box, but my tools are in such disarray right now--I moved last summer and have to move again soon--that it may be difficult, in which case I'll just do both the same. But it would be nice to experiment with two different kinds of box joints to see which is quick/easy and which more solid.

Thanks again for your suggestions, H

Reply to
Hylourgos