Joiner "snipe"

You have a RIDGID jointer with power feed??

Ummm... that's the way a jointer works. Perhaps you're thinking of a planer?

--
Regards,

Umm If your jointer propels the stock, you may want to feed from the other direction.
Hank Brandenburg wrote:

I'm guessing that your outfeed table is too low relative to your cutter knives. If this is the case, the portion of the board that rests on the infeed table is allowing the board to bridge over the cutter until the tail end of the board falls off the infeed table. Then the board drops until it is caught by the outfeed table. I'll bet the finished edge of your board isn't truly straight (not counting the snipe) either.
As others have said, place a straightedge on the outfeed table with the end hanging over the cutter. When the cutterhead is turned by hand (while following accepted safety precautions), the blade should just scrape the straightedge without lifting it.
DonkeyHody "We are all ignorant, just about different things." - Will Rogers