joiner/planer combo

Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop. Was looking online at the Grizzly G0675 combo.

One of the most important things is ease of changing and aligning new blades.

Your input appreciated.

George (aka Bumhead)

Reply to
bumhead

So if the machine produced lousy results it would be ok as long as the blades were easy to change?

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
bumhead

Were you using the magnetic set up gauge designed specifically for joiners?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I think ease of changing blades should only be a deciding factor after all other qualifications have been met.

Reply to
Leon

my opinion I would buy the G0586 8" jointer for $650 and get a 12" desktop planer dwalt maybe.

Short tables on jointer are really not a great idea. Yes it would be nice to have a 10" capacity for jointing but that is much more rare (at least for me) than wanting to get a good flat edge on a long board, where the long table is essential.

Matters somewhat on what you do.

For chang> Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com