joiner/planer combo

Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop. Was looking online at the Grizzly G0675 combo.
One of the most important things is ease of changing and aligning new blades.
Your input appreciated.
George (aka Bumhead)

So if the machine produced lousy results it would be ok as long as the blades were easy to change?
Of course not. I want a tool that produces quality results. However, the Rigid joiner I had was a real pain to align new blades.

"bumhead" wrote:

Were you using the magnetic set up gauge designed specifically for joiners?
Lew

I think ease of changing blades should only be a deciding factor after all other qualifications have been met.
my opinion I would buy the G0586 8" jointer for $650 and get a 12" desktop planer dwalt maybe.
Short tables on jointer are really not a great idea. Yes it would be nice to have a 10" capacity for jointing but that is much more rare (at least for me) than wanting to get a good flat edge on a long board, where the long table is essential.
Matters somewhat on what you do.
For changing baldes on any mid level machine just get a good magnetic fixture.