Joiner

Alright another question.

I want to add a joiner to my arsenal sometime soon. I am thinking a

6"x40 something. I was wondering if you guys could contribute some suggestions as to great joiners in that size range. I am into buying tools once, but also like value. Anyone had problems with the big names Jet, Powermatic, Delta, any rave reviews after several years of the less known brands?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
megold.andrew

You want a jointer, not a joiner. Search on 6" jointer and you'll find a wealth of info.

Reply to
Brad

Maybe he needs an English finish carpenter?

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
tzipple

Barry, make up your mind. Does he want an English or a Finnish carpenter?

TWS

Reply to
TWS

jointers are pretty simple machines. most of the 6" ones are copies of the old delta design. the taiwanese ones are fine.

Reply to
bridger

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1104795786.513204.4830 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I've got a 6" Sunhill jointer. I like the long bed and would recommend it to others.

Cheers, Nate

Reply to
Nate Perkins

There seems to be no prices on their web site. What was the cost of your jointer?

Reply to
dondone

"dondone" wrote in news:3OLCd.73135$QR1.21539@fed1read04:

I bought it a year or two ago and I can't remember anymore. Seems like it was $325 on sale plus shipping, which took it to just under $400.

The 52" long bed is nice.

Reply to
Nate Perkins