Joiner

Alright another question.
I want to add a joiner to my arsenal sometime soon. I am thinking a 6"x40 something. I was wondering if you guys could contribute some suggestions as to great joiners in that size range. I am into buying tools once, but also like value. Anyone had problems with the big names Jet, Powermatic, Delta, any rave reviews after several years of the less known brands?
Thanks in advance
You want a jointer, not a joiner. Search on 6" jointer and you'll find a wealth of info.

Maybe he needs an English finish carpenter? <G>
Barry
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:45:13 GMT, Ba r r y

carpenter?
TWS
I am very please with the Yorkcraft (sold by Wilke machines out of PA) The machine is exactly the same as the Delta closed based 6" jointer (call and ask the salesperson and they will tell you that they ship from the same factory) only the Delta sells for $200 more. I don't have the link handy but search the above names and you will find it. The 6" model sells for $339, and I consider it the best bargain of any of my bigger machines.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

They all work well, at least those you mention. I like and own the Powermaric for its longer bed. It gets great reviews for a 6 inch jointer. It is not cheap, but it works flawlessly and with the long bed can handle bigger jobs. The bed also increases the weight, increasing stability and smoothness
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 3 Jan 2005 15:43:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

jointers are pretty simple machines. most of the 6" ones are copies of the old delta design. the taiwanese ones are fine.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

I've got a 6" Sunhill jointer. I like the long bed and would recommend it to others. www.sunhillmachinery.com
Cheers, Nate
There seems to be no prices on their web site. What was the cost of your jointer?

I bought it a year or two ago and I can't remember anymore. Seems like it was $325 on sale plus shipping, which took it to just under $400.
The 52" long bed is nice.