JOAT?

Page 1 of 2
Haven't seen the ol' coot around in quite awhile. Anyone still in touch with him? Is his website still up?
B.
Buddy Matlosz wrote,on my timestamp of 11/09/2008 10:48 AM:

a lot of the old gang have gone awol...

I wonder why?
Maybe all the political bs being posted might have something to do with it.

It was the spam flood from several months ago that got most people. If you didn't have filtering ability, the wRECk was horrible to read. Even with filtering, it took a few weeks to catch 90% of the spam.
The politics always comes and goes, especially this time of year.
Puckdropper

Shit, man, that's because it is all Bush's fault!
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:20:20 +0000, Lowell Holmes wrote:

Maybe, but some ISPs have recently dropped all support for newsgroups.

IIRC,, JOAT was on WebTV?

IIRC,, JOAT was on WebTV?
================================================ Yeah - he was a WebTV'er, but he was gone long before the isp's dropped newsfeeds.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Unless it has changed, JOAT was using Web TV Internet.

Maybe coincidentally, it seemed like he stopped posting at the beginning of that long Asian forsale flood. Not being familiar with Web TV's capabilities, I have to question whether it's capable of filtering content and that might have been what precipitated JOAT's absence.

It damned near did me in, using Google, until Foxmire decided to wor with some bits others here recommended. Now, I see an average of three or four posts per ten post page.
Charlie Self wrote:

Hi everyone, been a while. Good to read JOAT is still around, sort of.
I think a few of us wandered off because of the potty mouths and the political BS that grew out of control. Plus some of the oldtimers disappeared. Do you still hear from Keeter, Paddy and Luigi? I see a number of the old regulars and a few new faces.
cheers
Groggy
Groggy wrote:

Welcome back. Good to have some old faces around. Haven't heard from Keeter in a long time, he did hang around OWWM. JOAT came by a few months ago as did Paddy (new shellac business). Luigi signed in recently. Jummy wanders in when he doesn't have a paying gig.
As to the political crap, that still happens. Unfortunately we have a few that contribute nothing to woodworking but like to discharge a large measure of blather to demonstrate their intelligence.
Anyway, stick around. We need all the help we can get.     mahalo,     jo4hn
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 07:12:47 -0700, jo4hn wrote:

Is someone posting under my name or am I getting absent-minded? I'd swear I never posted anything regarding JOAT.

Larry,
The original post did not show up on my reader, meaning the filter kicked it out. Your post came thru fine. I would guess that either someone is posting under your name or you're using two accounts to post from (like an anonymous remailer) and my filters kicked it.
Bob S

Some of the posts in the thread date back to Winter 2008. It could be you simply forgot that you posted something in the thread. Happens to me every once in a while... I'll be reading an archived post and say "That sounds familiar" or "That's my style" and look up at the author line.
We really ought to send JOAT an email... :-)
Puckdropper
On Jun 27, 8:32pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

En masse!
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 00:32:59 +0000, Puckdropper wrote:

You're right - I looked it up via Google - it was September of 2008.
Some people just can't let a thread die :-).

Larry Blanchard wrote:

I'm going to recycle it again too Larry, maybe next year, maybe the year after. By then you will be convinced you have a doppleganger :)
I think you should try emailing him.
Maybe you can get a whole group of folks to email him asking him to come back. I am sure that an old guy like him would enjoy getting a few letters
;-)
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:48:26 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"