Jimmy Carter Woodworking Workshop on C-Spam2

You can watch Jimmy Carter interview now going on in C-Spam2 Book review. Jimmy Carter talk about his workshop and of his latest book.
.

anything about being president.
Tom wrote:

Dunno, doesn't look bad (.jpg, 106KB):
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Gallery/GalleryPopup.aspx?file=/finewoodworking/uploadedimages/fine_woodworking_network/image_resources/New_Article_Images/CarterCabinet_8_xl.jpg
Article here: http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id $944
Too bad the grain of the wood draws the attention away from the actual design of the armoir. Might also be the flash used?
--
Best regards,
Vriendelijke groeten,
henry wrote:

john wrote:

rm
"very best president but compared to what we have now he was great. "
Remember that as you spread out your Prayer Rug one of these days.
Walt Conner
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:10:16 +0000, WConner wrote:

One of Carter's greatest failings and Bush's greatest strengths involves micromanagement of military operations. Carter did it, Bush doesn't seem to.
I'm not sure I understand what prayer rugs have to do with anything.
My own feelings in the matter are that Carter was one of the most decent men to every occupy that office, the trouble is that that's not a job where virtue is a virtue.

J. Clarke wrote:

Carter attempted to disarm the US of 2400 US missiles in Europe. People had to have a little talk with him to wake him up. He turned his back on the Shah of Iran and backed the Ayatollah Kahmeni and cost us the middle east at the time. He screwed up the Iranian hostage situation and tried to supervise their rescue by committee. The effort was a failure and men were killed in a major aviation accident in the desert and he had to beg Iran for the bodies. He screwed up diplomatic relations by bringing his wife and daughter to the Middle East, and openly insulted Mexico by claiming he had Montezuma's revenge at a Mexican state dinner. He was such a fool, that as an incumbent running for a second term, he only carried one state, and it wasn't his own.
Have you forgotten Billy?

J. Clarke wrote:

Possibly a reference to the thirty years of peace between Egypt and Israel that have followed form the Camp David accords as contrasted to the four wars fought between them over the previous thirty-odd years.
--

FF

Who's Jimmy Carter? Is he the guy with Little Liver Pills?

Speaking for three hours in C-Spam he talk of his woodworking projects and picture of his shop. He also talk about his Presidency and especially his new book. "Palestine Peace Not Apartheid." You should also watch the interviewed with Tim Russell on NBC's cable (Now showing in NBC cable repeat broadcast).
Both programs will be repeats.

henry wrote:

Yep. Dumbya will probably wind up lost in a mall parking lot.
Mike

I think you spell that 'grate'. He's been a thorn in the sides of every President from Reagan on. Even Clinton was irritated by Carter's self-directed 'foreign policy'.
There's an article today about his drawing up plans for his own funeral. It can't happen soon enough to suit me.
Flex Flint wrote:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Gallery/GalleryPopup.aspx?file=/finewoodworking/uploadedimages/fine_woodworking_network/image_resources/New_Article_Images/CarterCabinet_8_xl.jpg

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id $944

john wrote:

:)) What *is* that wood? I have something similar in my shop, hard stuff but very low quality. It used to be a cheap box for transport of natural stones, some kind of pallet.
--
Best regards,
Vriendelijke groeten,
Flex Flint wrote:

The article says antique persimmon, but it looks more like spalted sycamore to me.
--

FF

Knows even less about being an EX-president. Imagine the howls of outrage if Reagan or Bush 1 had spanned the globe openly speaking against the previous president.
Jimmy Carter -- never met a dictator he didn't like.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Compare/contrast that with GWB's buddies, Bashir, Putin, Musharraf, Mubarak, Assad or King Abdullah.
Or Reagan's buddies like Saddam Husein, Duarte, Noriega or King Faud.
--

FF