Jimmy Carter website

Page 6 of 6

I've enough of your insults. FWIW, I have a minor in history. You clearly don't listen to people who disagree with your opinions (and they are opinions, not :truth:, any more than my opinions are :truth:).
Have a nice life.

You can stop reading from the Democrat talking points now.
Well, it's been fun bandying words with you all, and hope we could all still have a friendly chat over a cold one if we ever met. I confess I still don't understand the new conservatism. Maybe the conservatives that raised me were just different. They valued personal responsibility, always take the high road - the end never justified the means, stayed out of debt, and above all, didn't trust the government regardless of who is in the office - keep them on a short leash and throw them out the second they looked like they were abusing their office.
Happy and safe 2006,
Dave
"do a Lexis Nexis search on Americans torturing"
These folks consider it torture if you don't say please and thank you. Playing loud rap, now that is torture. Why don't you harp on people cutting off heads on live TV or something that is really noteworthy? I get damned tired of you folks always talking about how bad the USA is, I guess you know the way to your utopia?
" yellowcake documents"
While these particular documents might not have been good, British Intelligence still stands by the attempt to buy the material, conveniently didn't mention that, huh? Check the speech, the statement referred to British Intelligence .
" the botched reconstruction of New Orleans, "
New Orleans Reconstruction? Hell, that hasn't even got started yet, If you are talking about the rescue, that is what Governors, Mayors, Nation Guard under Governors is for, US is backup. They let hundreds of school busses sit and get submerged all the while crying, "Send us Busses".
" the recent scandal about ordering the NSA to spy on Americans"
Well aren't we really informed, that hasn't even been investigated yet and at least a couple of former Democratic high officials said that has been going on since Jimmy Carter, missed that also huh? An investigation will determine if anything wrong was done. It really is a scandal, trying to save the necks of the likes who say such things.
" the outing of Valerie Plame"
Incredible, the Courts haven't even ruled on this yet and it appears the consensus is that she was already "Out", the charges haven't even mentioned that to this point. All the hullabaloo from the Lefties about that minor thing and the leaking of the most highly classified document in the US Government is OK, no investigation, no condemnation, nothing, because it suits the Lefties.
More BS, you will have a good supply for spring gardening.
Walt Conner
Note crossposting and followups.
WConner wrote:

How about holding someone's head underwater until they pass out? How about hanging them by their dislocated shoulders and breaking their legs?
How about if we enforce our own laws?

Non sequitor. The transgression was not the highly publicized though hardly significant statement in the SOTU message. It was submitting the forged documents to the IAEA as if they were genuine. That was a clear, deliberate obstruction of the inspection program.
As you your use of 'may', I assume that was a manner of speech and you do not consider the authenticity of the documents to be in dispute.
--

FF

David Stuve wrote:

When he's being polite.
--

FF

David Stuve wrote:

As noted earlier, this is not true.

Dunno if it was common practice but the summary execution of spies by American Armed Forces was prohibitted by an Act of the Continental Congress in 1775, if not befor, and to my knowledge has never been legalized. To be precise, the Act specified that spies were subject to execution *after trial*. That stipulation makes it clear that summary execution was not permissible.
Internationally the execution of spies without trial has been prohibitted since at least the early years of the 2oth Century, see the Hague Conventions.
During war, internatonal 'law' is enforceable only through the law of reprisals. Crudely stated, a party may violate the laws of war that the opposing party has already violated, but only to the same degree. Thus when the British violated the St Petersburg protocols by using incindiery ammunition, but only against aircraft, the Germans chose to do the same, but also only against aircraft.
Certainly the summary execution by Germans of partisans (e.g. insurgents or guerillas) in the Balkans was addressed as a war crime after the war. Former UN Secretary General Kurt Waldheim was in the chain of command responsible for one such crime. His role was only to pass the order on from one party to another, and did so only after refusing twice and then being threatened with court martial for the capital offense of refusing a direct order. IMHO, an adequate defense.
--

FF

OK, I'm lost...lot's of arguing about people who don't give a crap about me so I'm finding this debate hard to follow. I just pay the bills when they come in...
So anyway, does anyone have any sites with pics of Carter's woodworking?
I'd even be interested in sites with Bush I, Bush II, Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Nixon, Roosevelt, Truman's woodworking..thanks!.

Doesn't appear so though one person did give you a mag. that he said had some work. You might try searching for this mag. on Internet. I think that Wood Mag. had an article many years ago, perhaps back in the 80s, might try a search there also. Did you look at the Carter Library site?
Walt Conner

Well a quick check turned up at an auction - A baseball signed by Cuba President Fidel Castro and Jimmy Carter and - Two bottles of homemade wine made by President Carter.
Walt Conner

Would you wanna to be in heaven with Bush, Cheney, the Neo Cons and Pat Robertson or with Jimmy Carter?
For me, I skip heaven.
For me, I skip heaven.
Could be.
Walt Conner

it, too.

Doubt the choice will be yours.
Walt Conner

But who really KNOWS? I don't. Nor do you.

I believe that was my point, glad to see you agree.
Walt Conner
Jimmy Carter, Woodworker A visit with the former president, and drawings of his porch swing by Jim Cummins at:
http://www.taunton.com/FWN/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignPDF.aspx?id !11
Charles Bull wrote:

I'll believe that the first four named above are going to heaven just as soon as I see Pat Robertson pass through the eye of a needle.
--

FF

I do wish he'd try, and try hard.