Jim McNamara??

Just got an email that Jummy passed away on the Nov 20?

Anyone know if this is true. He just posted a couple of days before that IIRC.

Reply to
Swingman

That was me. I just signed up to google so I could post here again. my prov ider didnt allow it so I just read and didnt worry about posting for the la st several years. I had been e-mailing with jums semi regular and saw his p ost about getting back into woodworking. I e-mailed him to say how glad i w as for him. he e-mailed back and it sounded like he was getting set up good .this was a couple weeks ago. now today I got another e-mail from him (his wife actualy)and this was the message she sent.

"Just looking thru some of Jimmys emails - this is his wife Lori - in case you did not know Jimmy passed away November 20 - one day after this email. I just wanted you to know. So sorry to share it with you this way. Lori"

he will be missed.

skeez

Reply to
fredpreston

Thanks for confirming that.

Very sorry to hear that.

If you're in touch with his wife, please pass on a wRec denizen's condolences, and to let us know if there is anything we can do/help with.

Thanks...

Reply to
Swingman

will do.

Reply to
fred p

Swingman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Took a bit of looking to find this... (Luigi's page came up immediately, but Google's done some pathetic reorganzing.) Here's the archive from Homeowner's Hub (see, they have a use....)

Puckdropper

I was curious to see how far back the archives of the wreck actually go. For some - this will just bring a smile.

I finally decided to go to the archives and reminisce over the old flame wars, Mongo and his brother (I wonder if they ever did build that plane?) and others. I had to laugh when I came across this old one and thought I'd share it. Sometimes, the old times are the best! A question was posed:

Sit back boys and girls, and let me tell you the story of the Jummywood tree.

Long ago, in a small town in Oz lived a man who we'll call Phully. Now Phully was a talented and gifted wood basher who could pop out an entertainment center, two end tables, a bookcase, and two wine racks before lunch. After noon, when he finished his 9th Fosters, he went back into the shop and there before him stood a poor Aussie waif.

"Pardon me sir, but I'm hungry. Could I have the crumbs from your mullet sandwich - please sir?" Phully was all choked up ~ not because the kid was hungry but because he had just killed off his last grog and was going to miss his 2:00 "coffee break" if he didn't go to market and pick up another 6 cases. "I tells you what you farkin little elf - you stay here and tend to the shop while I go get some more grog - er I mean groceries and I'll be right back."

Along the way Phully spied some old mates at the pub down the street and wandered back to the shop after dark. The poor emaciated waif had taken all the pine boards off the back of the shop and built some of the finest furniture Phully had ever seen. It had a touch of old country flavor to it and in his awe and amazement, he awakened the lad and bought him his own loaf of bread.

"This is the finest 'kin work in the land. Reminds me of the talents of my top bloke in the states, it does - Jummy Mc Namara in Texas," he exclaimed. From here on out, you will be my indentured servant. Now *no one* is to know that you build this fine furniture for me - I'll always put me leather patch on it I will." But if anyone asks - you never touch the jarrah - only the pine."

"Peen?" the young lad replied. "No - I said pine" in his usual Aussie drawl.

"Pain?" the youth queried again.

"For the love of God son, call it Jummywood!"

So for those of you non-believers who don't believe there is such a thing as a Jummywood tree, let me assure you there is. Just as there is a Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and E.T. It ain't as expensive as walnut or ipe, but I mean after all - wood don't grown on trees!

So there you have it - the birth of Jummywood.

Now close your eyes, think good thoughts, and go to sleep.

Good night boys and girls.

Jummy ;-)

Reply to
Puckdropper

Damndamndamn.

I was so happy to see him back, what a shock.

Jimmy was one of the best.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Reply to