Jigs for jigs ...

More on a chair building saga, with an emphasis on the jigology, including the design of a jig for a jig (Multi-router).
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects10.htm
Scroll on down to the subtitle.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Very Cool jigs. I actually imagined that I heard David Marks in the back ground splainin the ideology.
Before the dust settles you'll be dancing the ji..... ;~)

Nice, Swingman
I've always backed off from chairs thinking too time consuming and complicated. Be interested in what you estimate a set of eight might take you in terms of time with the jigs made and the "Jig" set up.
Frank
"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

Thank you!

While I've made benches and one-off chairs, a matching set of dining chairs has always struck me the same way.
Tables, and most cabinetry, are just variations on a theme I've done plenty of, so I decided that since I'm not getting any younger, I needed to bear down and approach chairmaking in a methodical manner in order to establish a methodology to mitigate the time and complication.
Besides, I like the challenge and problem solving probably as much as having a set of chairs to match some of my other creations. ;)

I'm on the verge of letting you know the answer to that ... I am estimating about a hard week from what I've seen thus far. That's milling, fabrication of the parts, and assembly, not finishing.
I may be surprised ... or may surprise myself. As in most of my woodworking endeavors, it is the preparation that takes the most time. I'm very close to having that out of the way. The biggest problem is finding the time to do what I feel is ample preparation on my own projects.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Another way of doing it would be to make a concave fence to match the outside of the curve and drill press.
-Leuf
Swingman (in WP6dnfPhGK75Q0XZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com) said:
| More on a chair building saga, with an emphasis on the jigology, | including the design of a jig for a jig (Multi-router). | | http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects10.htm | | Scroll on down to the subtitle.
I just finished admiring your prototype chair photos over on ABPW. Looks really good!
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Thanks ... although I'm sick of chairs at this point, the angle of the dangle is about quantified.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/10/06

But you do know, it determines the heat of the meat, right?
Tim Taylor wrote:
>> Thanks ... although I'm sick of chairs at this point, the angle of the >> dangle is about quantified. > > But you do know, it determines the heat of the meat, right?
Only if she is wise to the rise in your Levis.
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

All depends on the mass of the ass, which is key to designing a chair.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/10/06
Swingman wrote:
> All depends on the mass of the ass, which is key to designing a chair.
Guess as far as a chair is concerned, the torque of the dork is not a primary criteria.
Lew