Jig Saw question

It is getting time to replace the old jig saw. I am looking for one that will take straight shank blades, t shanks are great and have several advantages over the straight, but I can't get the blade I need in t shank (I also have a large stock of straight shank blades in the proper size and configuration). I have looked at the Bosh, PC, Milwaukee and even some of the lower end units and all seem to be going to t shank. Any advice on upper end saws that use straight shank blades. T-shanks are not a thing I want to use at this time, tried one of the new saws (a Hitachi (sp) and it would not hold the straight shank blades).
What kind of blade do you need to use that's not available in t-shank?
Curious, H
I don't know what you call the style it is a narrow blade with a very wide kerf. Good for making very sharp turns, but I need the extra wide kerf (about 3/16 inch) on the blade which none of the T-shaft blades I have seen have.

seen
3/16??????? <Choke>. That's one hell of a kerf for a jig saw. You actually found a standard jig saw blade that cut a 3/16 kerf? This I gotta see... got a link?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Is there some reason you need a wide kerf? They make "scroll saw" blades for jig saws, I have some marketed by Craftsman (don't know who makes them), 12 tpi, 3" length, .165" wide, .06" kerf, retail $4 (Sears # 928774).
Milwaukee makes a narrow blade that works OK for scrolling, but is a rough cut: 4" long, 6 tpi, .25" wide, .075 kerf (Mil. #48-42-5010). Both are T shanks.
These are just the blades I have on hand. Bosch tends to have the best selection, and their CS is good: have you given them a call to ask if they have the type of blade you're looking for? I would be surprised to find that VA made a blade that Bosch didn't.
I mention this because the best jig saws out there now are pretty much all T shank, they aren't that expensive and will serve well in so many other applications.
All the higer end saws that I have seen use t shank.. I think this is the new standard. I have a Black and Decker I'll sell you. :)

(I

(I
Only the low-end toy jigsaws use those blades, Get the newer style, there's no blade you can't get for them. Real jigsaws pay for themselves half way through their first cut. imo

that
shank
of
it
there's
Hmmmmmm... and what would "low-end toy jigsaws" be, by brand? I'd hate to think I've been using a toy all these years.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Mainly the craftsman, b&d, inexpensive ones, no guide wheel behind the blade. They are sufficient when you haven't used a "proper" :) jigsaw, but once you use a higher end bosch or equivalent you will never pick up an old one. Even in an emergency you'll say "I could just cut it now with this old Craftsman, but I think I'll wait till tomorrow and do it with my new Bosch"
I offered to sell him my Black and Decker. It will take the style of blade that he is looking for. After getting my Hitachi, you're right, the B&D just sits though it is in great shape.

you
Even
Craftsman,

you
Even
Craftsman,
Phew! Scared me there for a moment. I thought I was going to have to ditch my DeWalt and go buy one of the new T style saws.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
There are lots of saws around that use the older style blade. It is obvious by the availability of replacements. That may well be the best recourse for the OP. Have his present saw rebuilt or find a used one in good shape.

May be the only choice