Jig Saw Jumps

I just bought a new B&D Jig saw. When I try to cut material it jumps up and down on the table. Is this a fault of my tech, lack of experience or do I need a new blade?
Thanks,
Evon
1. There should be an adjustable "foot" like on a sewing machine to hold the material down on the table. 2. You may be feeding the material too fast 3. Blade may be too coarse for the thickness of the material.

and

and
Someone put a downchip laminate cutting blade in it on April 1, you're the lucky victim.

and
My first jigsaw - a $50 craftsman - did that too. A good blade (e.g. Bosch Progressor's) helped a little. Gentle hands helped a little. Selling it at a garage sale and buying the Milwaukee 6266-22 Jigaw fixed the problem for good. No more jumpin'...
snipped-for-privacy@donotuse.com says...

Wow! You took my story! Exact same experience. What puzzles me is that I don't understand the mechanism that would cause such behavior in such a seemingly simple mechanism. Would a blade shaft that had play in it cause such behavior by causing the blade to be pulled up and then pushed down in a random fashion, thus having the blade come down upon what, in a well-machined shaft's case would be cut wood, but in the shaft with play partially upon uncut wood?

:) Nice thing was - SWMBO is almost *never* out in the gar^H^H^Hshop. But last year she wanted to Jigsaw something and was getting pretty annoyed with the Craftsman. Garage saled it the very next weekend, grabbed the Milwaukee and then brought her back out for a return try. Scored a nice point on the before/after experience. She understands that sometimes it *is* the tool.

Me neither.
It helps if you keep the cut line out over the edge of the table.

Larry Kraus wrote:

I have a B&D saw, even with a decent blade it still jumps around anf doesn't cut decent at all. The mechanism inside flexes too much, I thought it was the blade bending until I looked closely, it lets the blade angle inside the cut and creates too much friction.
Providing the machine runs fairly smooth without stock being cut. The blade needs to be installed with the teeth cutting direction down, otherwise even with a moderate amount of hand pressure downward on the material being cut, the stock will lift off the table and cause the jumping.
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work