Jig or Ideas for making a clamp rack

Page 2 of 2

Never gets opened??? How do you get the '51 Dodge that you just got done painting, out of the woodshop then?

How do you keep from getting overspray on them when you're painting all of the small pieces?

Isn't that what the big shiney flat surface on the table saw is for?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

In these parts (Northern Vermont, close to the Canadian border), it's called a "garage", and it's pronounced "Ga-rarj". Note that there's an extra R in there. It's an Algonquin word that means "place that you put your tools in and park your car in front of". The flatlanders (non-natives, Jeff), god bless 'em, actually put their cars INSIDE this space (no, really!), and as such have to store their clamps on fancy clamp racks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What a Wonderful Excuse to buy a bandsaw!!

Here is a plan for the Bessys in my shop.
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/ClampRack.jpg
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/shop_09.jpg
Simple, Strong and easy to make.
Dave
On 3 Jan 2006 12:30:17 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com quickly quoth:

I made the A-frame style so the clamps just hang onto the angled "ladder" sides. With a framed box on the bottom, I can store my C-clamps and wooden clamps, too.
--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Drill holes at the back of each slot with a forstner bit. Use whatever saw you have to remove the side waste.
Barry
FYI Check out the space saving mobile clamp cart in the February 2006 edition of Workbench magazine. It looks like a neat unit to build and doesn't take a lot of high priced material to make. It's going to be my next project.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

One comment: I started with clamp racks like the one you indicated and when removing them, inevitably some would get yanked out along with the one I was removing. I ended up building a rolling cart, very similar to the one from New Yankee Workshop: http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0207
If your set on the design you indicated, I built mine by cutting 1" diameter holes into 3/4" plywood and then cutting slots from the board edge to the hole. The slots hold the pipes. Then it's a matter of securing them. Good luck.
~Mark.
Check out the MOBILE CLAMP CART in this months WorkBench magazine.