Jig for Biscuit Joiners

I did a google search and didn't find what I wanted.

A while back, I saw a jig or fixture made for a plate joiner for doing long miters. Long miters meaning what you may see on a toy box case for instance. It was a 45* ramp type thing that the biscuit joiner rode on and the piece to be biscuited sat flat on the workbench if you understand what I mean.

  • / * / * / ==========\ * /

Like above where the double line is the toy box side. The asterixes represent the plate joiner. And the slashes are the 45* slope of the jig.

My ASCII are sucks, but I hope you can understand what I'm describing.

I need to build a toy box type item and I want to miter the case sides, and I'd like to do it with a biscuit joiner. Rather than trying to support the biscuit jointer with the small part of the mitered face, I thought building this jig would work better. I just can't remember where I saw it.

Any help, pictures, links or suggestions would be great appreciated.

Thank you.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Or maybe you can share websites that contain pictures and or descriptions of your favorite plate joiner jigs. Maybe I can adapt something else for what I need.

Thanks again.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

The only biscuit joiner jig I've ever considered buying is this one:

looks so versatile and I know from experience how useful it could be. But, that said, I also know how to make all those cuts pretty easily without the jig, so I haven't flopped the cash down yet and I'm not sure if I will.

But, that's the one I'd get if I was going to buy one.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

It was in an issue of Wood, American Woodworker, or Fine Woodworker. Since I get all three, I don't recall which but I suspect Wood magazine.

Rick wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber