Jig -Fixture-Template - Politically Correct

Page 1 of 2

I recently attended a conference where the lawyer that was lecturing stated the term jig should not be allowed in the shops any longer. They should be referred to as fixtures or templates or devices!
Just one reason I love LA ~
Dave

Teamcasa (in 1155227045 snipped-for-privacy@sp6iad.superfeed.net) said:
| I recently attended a conference where the lawyer that was | lecturing stated the term jig should not be allowed in the shops | any longer. They should be referred to as fixtures or templates or | devices! | | Just one reason I love LA ~
Interesting. As a general rule, _lawyers_ are not allowed in my shop.
<snip>

Some lawyers make good pushsticks....
:)

Mr Lee, always good to hear from you.
You may want to rethink your comment about using lawyers for pushsticks.
On account that lawyers are often slippery. And a general safety hazard.
wrote...

Not after they are dead.

Only certain parts of them - properly cured and dried~
Dave
Teamcasa wrote:

But only from the 95% that give the others a bad name. Joe
Teamcasa wrote:

I prefer to keep my fingers a bit further away from the blade than that.
;-) Glen

Don't know if any of you follow "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery or not, but in one of the episodes, the host is at a facility that builds the skeletons for educational institutions. One of his "jobs" was to pour out the contents of a tub that had a Capibura decaying in water for some time to separate the constituent parts from the bones. The company representative indicated that this was the worst smelling job they had. As the host was separating out the bones while wearing latex gloves, the company representative added, "oh, by the way, the smell tends to penetrate the rubber gloves, so after this is done, your hands are going to smell like decaying capibura for a few days".
Kinda wonder whether your "cured and dried" lawyer parts wouldn't have the same problem. :-) [Yeah, it was a long way to go for that punch line]
Teamcasa wrote:

My understanding of the word *Jig* is a device that can be altred to suit a particulr size. So it is politcally incorrect and should not be confused with the word *Template* which is a fixed sized device.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

With that type reasoning, I drive a dark neutral car with cracker pin stripes.
Teamcasa wrote:

Have they banned Irish dancing on the left coast yet?
Only the term device could be used instead of jig. Fixture or template would be incorrect.

stated
be
What was the lawyers recommendation as to how they should refer to their Jig Saws?

Saber Saws or Scroll Saws. The jig saw is or has been been called both.
But on another note, how about , The Jig is up, or Can you dance the Jig?
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:22:19 GMT, "Leon"

Or gigahertz or gigabyte.
For those who pronounce them correctly.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Reciprocating toothed cutting machine ~
Dave
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:28:34 -0400, Joe Bemier

I spent 20 months "on the street." I eventually won my appeal (we all appealed) and was reinstated.
As a matter of fact, I just met last week with a couple of hundred fellow controllers from the Class of '81 during which we commemorated the 25th anniversary.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Thu, Aug 10, 2006, 9:34am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@teamcasadot.org (Teamcasa) doth posteth: I recently attended a conference where the lawyer that was lecturing stated the term jig should not be allowed in the shops any longer. They should be referred to as fixtures or templates or devices! <snip>
Steenkin' lawyers. How does it go? Them as can does. Them as can't teaches. Them as can't do either work at McDonalds. And them as don't qualify for McDonalds become lawyers. Sumpthin' like that.
The term crooked lawyer is redundant. Lawyer is the only white collar "profession" that does not require a college degree.
How do you tell a dead lawyer from a dead snake on the highway? The dead snake has skid marks in front of it from people braking.
Why has a lawyer never been bitten in a shark attach? Professional courtesy.
JOAT Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.
Teamcasa wrote:

Definitions of jig on the Web:
music in three-four time for dancing a jig a fisherman's lure with one or more hooks that is jerked up and down in the water a device that holds a piece of machine work and guides the tools operating on it dance a quick dance with leaping and kicking motions any of various old rustic dances involving kicking and leaping
Politically Correct definitions of Jig -
music in three-four time for dancing a Template a fisherman'sTemplate with one or more hooks that is jerked up and down in the water a Template that holds a piece of machine work and guides the tools operating on it dance a quick Template with leaping and kicking motions any of various old rustic Template involving kicking and leaping
NO, its fine the way it is. Take that Politically Correct S**T and shove it. I'm so sick and tired of hearing it.
Do you know what to call a lawyer laying face down? A good start!